Flags Out????

sunshine

Visit site
The expression "what goes around comes around" springs to mind. If someone refused to tend a flag when asked then at some point in the future a PP will refuse to help them look for a ball or something similar. I play golf to enjoy myself and make new friends, I like to think others do so for the same reasons, not to antagonise people.

I agree, but I thought you said you would do anything to gain an advantage? :devilish: That's got to include antagonising people as a bit of gamesmanship :ROFLMAO:

sunshine

Visit site
No, you might think antagonising people is part of the game but I don't. There are plenty of ways to gain an advantage using the rules and the spirit of the game.

(y) i was just joking, but after 480 posts there is probably no room for humour on this thread. I'll keep trying, we need to get to the magic 500 posts.

sunshine

Visit site
Waste of money, got playing partners to do that for free ?

But what if I asked you to tend the flag, and then you contracted COVID and sued me for potential lost earnings and emotional distress? Could be expensive.

Unlikely to happen in the UK, but in the US there will be plenty of ambulance chasing lawyers looking to litigate.

Mandofred

Visit site
But what if I asked you to tend the flag, and then you contracted COVID and sued me for potential lost earnings and emotional distress? Could be expensive.

Unlikely to happen in the UK, but in the US there will be plenty of ambulance chasing lawyers looking to litigate.
Don't look now.....the UK is getting there fairly quickly.....The ol' "We are better than the US" outlook. How many of these have I gone through over the years?.....and then it happens here.....

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not really sure what you mean by that as nobody should be touching flags until we get the all clear. And those diehard 'non tenders' will still have the same attitude when it is safe to touch flagsticks again.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Oi ... I don't believe that I have made any unreasonable posts on this topic - in fact my thoughts on the matter are identical to those of many on here. I thank you...
I wasn't saying it was your first reasonable post in this topic - I was commenting on the tone of the whole topic - it's reminiscent of that other infamous thread.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
25 pages of flag in or out....

Ive still not been a "golfer" when flags are allowed to be taken out really. When we can eventually do it again, Ill probably go flag out for anything less than 2 foot but maybe only the ones that might break a bit more.

A non factor for me.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I wasn't saying it was your first reasonable post in this topic - I was commenting on the tone of the whole topic - it's reminiscent of that other infamous thread.
There is nothing unreasonable about the HNSP. In fact the stances take on it (see what I did there ?) are similar in many ways to those being taken on a request for the flag to be attended. One player asks another to do something for him; the other doesn’t see the point and refuses, resists or grumbles.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
This is all incredibly silly. If you don't want the flag out then fine. If an opponent wants the flag to be tended, then have the good grace to do so without moaning. If your opponent wants the flag removed and not tended, then again take it out and don't moan. You'll probably spend more time arguing the point than the flag being taken out and put back in again.
I really don't see the problem.