First Knock At New Place

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So yesterday was soooooo nice I managed to squeeze in a little knock at my new place. Said hello to a lady in the car park who said the course was a bit wet. Hardly surprising really. It was, but nowhere near as bad as my last place who has only 9 open and 5 on temps at that! But the massive difference was...THE GREENS. Bullet hard. How is this????? Recently hollow tined but ran as true as you like. Whizzed round 11 holes (not all open yet), in hour and a half. And missed out on a hole in one by this much.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's the old and new course? I'm looking at new courses around the Northwich area.

Where you looking Smasher ? I think CF is around Macclesfield / Stockport way. Depends on your budget around Northwich. Obviously Sandiway and Delamere jump out as phenominal places to play your golf but but they are pricey and have waiting lists.

Other that I think are good courses, with great membership and pretty reasonable Vale Royal Abby, Eaton , Pryor Hayes, Heyrose, and Antrobus. Antrobus is a bit marmite as there are lots of drainage ditches, which are needed as the course gets pretty wet in winter. that said, I've heard they have invested a lot to improve this. Let us know where you end up !

D

Deleted member 17920

Seriously??? I declined to answer in full so that those that have followed my moaning and whining didn't have to see it all again and comment on that.
Ya just can't win sometimes. rolls eyes back at you
So why post about your knock at your new place and not name it!

Bet the members at Leek Westwood are delighted you have left

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
It's fine, Crazyface told me what i wanted to know and i don't want to hijack the thread.
Glad you like the new place CF!

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Where you looking Smasher ? I think CF is around Macclesfield / Stockport way. Depends on your budget around Northwich. Obviously Sandiway and Delamere jump out as phenominal places to play your golf but but they are pricey and have waiting lists.

Other that I think are good courses, with great membership and pretty reasonable Vale Royal Abby, Eaton , Pryor Hayes, Heyrose, and Antrobus. Antrobus is a bit marmite as there are lots of drainage ditches, which are needed as the course gets pretty wet in winter. that said, I've heard they have invested a lot to improve this. Let us know where you end up !

Thanks for the list, a few i've looked at but others i can check out.
I've been playing at High Legh but thinking about moving to Heyrose, need to play it first.
Ultimate goal is to get into Sandiway or Vale Royal but thought i'd need to get a current handicap and few years at another course to help get in there.

D

Deleted member 1740

I've been playing at High Legh but thinking about moving to Heyrose, need to play it first.
Ultimate goal is to get into Sandiway or Vale Royal but thought i'd need to get a current handicap and few years at another course to help get in there.

I’d at least Enquire before looking elsewhere, you might be surprised.

Good luck though

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

I use the range at High Legh a lot. The course is OK and I like a few of the holes. I was actually a member there fore a year before it got taken over by Chubby Chandlers mate.

Heyrose has some nice holes, the pylon that runs across a few holes on the front spoils it, but other than that, its a nice course with a great membership.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sometimes people do not want to mention the club / course they are at as they do not want to get into trouble for criticising it. Complaining about what happens is fine, often therapeutic, if others do not know exactly where it is. I get why CF did not name the club. A PM is best in those circumstances although Smasher is new so no reason for him to think along those lines.

Smasher, welcome by the way.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi Smasher, great moniker.
Warrington ,my club , is better than any of the courses mentioned other than Sandiway and Delamere I think.
Fairly near to Northwich.
Best of luck whoever you settle on

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Eh?? What was wrong with it?? The guy said he was looking near Northwich and he answers that the two courses are not near there. Nothing wrong with that at all! Starting a row for the sake of it. Dearie me.

I think the dismissiveness of it was pretty poor. Near is a relative thing. I am prepared to drive an hour to play regular golf. Not many would but a simple reply with “I am at such and such” would have sufficed. 20 miles is rock all in terms of distance and in my eyes is “somewhere near you”