Films

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched some classics with the boy last weekend.

Predator
Ace Ventura
The Terminator
Terminator 2
How did he like them? I tried my son with similar and a good few hadn't aged well. Terminator was certainly not the absolute classic that I remembered, hammy lines, bad acting, dodgy effects. In the end, my suggestion of 'let's watch an 80's classic ' was met with a roll of the eyes and a departure from the room 🤣

crdb

Visit site
Re-watched The Gentleman over the weekend, will always be one of my go to films when nothing else is on! Saw the series & enjoyed that just as much, just wish they were going to make more seasons

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
How did he like them? I tried my son with similar and a good few hadn't aged well. Terminator was certainly not the absolute classic that I remembered, hammy lines, bad acting, dodgy effects. In the end, my suggestion of 'let's watch an 80's classic ' was met with a roll of the eyes and a departure from the room 🤣
Terminator was a great film, but Terminator 2 was the better film. Perhaps you could try him with that. Having seen Terminator, it at least will give him background to this one.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Being John Malkovich - weird but watchable.
The Great Escaper - Michael Caine said he retired after this one as it had good reviews, and best to retire on a well reviewed film. Also Glenda Jacksons final film. Based on a true story and highly recommended.

Also worth watching is "The Directors" series on Sky. It actually opens your eyes to other films worth watching.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched a couple of films that do not stretch the mind this week

Lone Survivor based upon a true story about 4 marines stuck on a mountain in Taleban territory and them trying to escape being killed by them

Trigger Warning - about a a CIA agent on her fathers old mine and bar trying to work out how and why he died in the mine, fighting the baddies in the town.

Both good enough to watch the whole way through

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched a couple of films that do not stretch the mind this week

Lone Survivor based upon a true story about 4 marines stuck on a mountain in Taleban territory and them trying to escape being killed by them

Trigger Warning - about a a CIA agent on her fathers old mine and bar trying to work out how and why he died in the mine, fighting the baddies in the town.

Both good enough to watch the whole way through
Lone Survivor was decent if I remember correctly.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just stumbled on a sloppy old 1995 comedy romance/political drama type film The American President.
With Michael Douglas and Annette Bening and more of the old big stars.
Easy to watch enjoyable.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched that Phantom of the Open last night. A good watch. I wasn't sure if we were supposed to feel sorry for him or feel inspired by him though. Bit of both perhaps.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Being John Malkovich - weird but watchable.
The Great Escaper - Michael Caine said he retired after this one as it had good reviews, and best to retire on a well reviewed film. Also Glenda Jacksons final film. Based on a true story and highly recommended.

Also worth watching is "The Directors" series on Sky. It actually opens your eyes to other films worth watching.
The great escaper. Really enjoyed the film. Pierce Brosnan did a very similar film at the same time called the Last rifleman. I preferred the Great escaper.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
The King’s Man.

A bit daft in places, but very enjoyable. Thought it was the best one out of the series.
We watched it a couple of days ago as it was raining again and thought it was the worst of the series! Great cast but a ridiculous storyline…
Starting WW1 as a means to Scottish independence?😆

Also 2 hrs and 10 minutes was just too long. Several times I thought it was coming to an end only for it to set off in another direction!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We watched it a couple of days ago as it was raining again and thought it was the worst of the series! Great cast but a ridiculous storyline…
Starting WW1 as a means to Scottish independence?😆

Also 2 hrs and 10 minutes was just too long. Several times I thought it was coming to an end only for it to set off in another direction!
agree re the spoiler, that was totally nuts!