Films

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
I guess I didn't want to get into a great long review and tried to sum it up in a couple of sentences. I finished the book shortly before seeing part 2. I, like you, was disappointed with the film. I thought 1 managed to keep focus, gave some strong characters, some strong scenes. 2 lost the focus, touched upon some parts but didn't really hone into the key things. In LotR Peter Jackson simply left out certain parts of the book as he did not want to do everything. I think 2 would have been better had the director done the same thing. Decided what were the key issues, really focus on them. Instead we got a bit of a precis of everything without really getting into the meat of the book/film. What should have been powerful wasn't in the end, key features of the book were glossed over. The strong characters were lost.

I genuinely loved Dune 1, I will stand by that. Dune 2, no.

I will watch it again when it comes on tv, just to see if my expectations were too high and second time around it may be better.
Nope I also enjoyed the first film, felt it did well to keep mainly to the book.
The parts added didn’t ruin it for me.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Had 3 hours to myself and watched Eternals.
Should have gone for a walk.

Are the Marvel movies getting better again, or is that it?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had 3 hours to myself and watched Eternals.
Should have gone for a walk.

Are the Marvel movies getting better again, or is that it?
This is why you should read this thread. So many warnings on here for people to avoid this film 😂.

Since the last Avengers film, probably only the Guardian's film has been any good. Black Panther 2 was okay, not great. The rest, a mix between average and terrible. Eternals is at the bottom of that pile. Sad really, I loved the Marvel films but maybe their time is up 🤷‍♂️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Fall Guy. Really not good. I wasn't expecting deep and meaningful but it should have been fun and it wasn't. Too woolly, 30 minutes too long, and I suspect a decent amount of dialogue between the two leads was improvised, and it showed ☹ (I massively dislike improvisation)

Avoid.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Fall Guy. Really not good. I wasn't expecting deep and meaningful but it should have been fun and it wasn't. Too woolly, 30 minutes too long, and I suspect a decent amount of dialogue between the two leads was improvised, and it showed ☹ (I massively dislike improvisation)

Avoid.

i walked out after 30 minutes but all the reviews i keep seeing say its really good - it certainly was not from the quarter that i waitched

Pin-seeker

Visit site
This is why you should read this thread. So many warnings on here for people to avoid this film 😂.

Since the last Avengers film, probably only the Guardian's film has been any good. Black Panther 2 was okay, not great. The rest, a mix between average and terrible. Eternals is at the bottom of that pile. Sad really, I loved the Marvel films but maybe their time is up 🤷‍♂️
Deadpool v Wolverine to look forward to.
Surely they can’t screw that up.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Avoid.
Mrs wanted to watch this (probably for Gosling)😂
After watching the trailer I didn’t fancy it 😬

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Civil war, what a load of ball cocks, couldn't even watch it to the end.

Picked up on Code 8 which was much better and looking forward to watch the second one.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The Beekeeper… now I enjoy a good Jason Statham film, pop your brain into sleep mode and enjoy, but my goodness this was bad. The plot, the script, the acting were all absolutely dire.
Just watched this last night. Exactly a "pop your brain into sleep mode" type of film. But for this one I think you'd have to be comatose to find anything about it. I find these type of films far to formulaic. Overacting, bad acting, bad writing, more plot holes than a colander. Still as long as somebody likes it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched The Hitman's Bodyguard the other night. Ryan Reynolds and Sam L Jackson, also Gary Oldman doing a good scary Russian nasty man. It was a good fun action comedy flick, and we'll have the sequel lined up for this weekend.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched Atlas (Netflix) this week.

Not one to be highly recommended but just good enough if you just want a bit of escapist sci fi that does not tax the brain except fo JLos constant shouting at a computer and bouts of bursting in to tears.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
We watched The Hitman's Bodyguard the other night. Ryan Reynolds and Sam L Jackson, also Gary Oldman doing a good scary Russian nasty man. It was a good fun action comedy flick, and we'll have the sequel lined up for this weekend.
How are you only just watching this?? 😂
Really enjoyed both.

+ Salma Hayek 🤤