Golf App AppleWatch

blomof

Visit site
Any one recommend a golf gps/scoring app for applewatch, that’s free?

Used to use Hole19 but they then decided it’s a good idea to add watch scoring as a premium feature and charge for it. Moved over to the grint for the past few years and recently played first round of they year to find out they have followed suit and charge for the feature now.

You’d think watch scoring would be a basic included feature, but like everyone else it seems, everyone wants a cut of that cash cow now for anything

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I have no issue with being charged for an app but I do have issue being charged a subscription that blows any reasonable price out of all proportion.

Unfortunately for you, Hole 19 is by far the best free Apple Watch app for golf and at the time I used it was the only free app to provide use of the native watch gps. Maybe time to sharpen that pencil or use myEG

NeilV

Visit site
18 Birdies is still free for the scoring part. There are premium pay features but I never felt the urge to upgrade.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used hole19 for years, paid the subscription because nothing could really match it. Then when they updated the app, it wouldn’t work on my old Apple Watch and so I went through lots of different apps over a few weeks. The best I came across was the Taylormade app, allows scoring on the watch.

However, it doesn’t come close to hole19 and so I bought a new (second hand) Apple Watch and subscribed to it again. If you pay for a year at a time it works out pretty cheap, less than £4 a month. Well worth it in my opinion.

If you’re dead against paying anything, try the Taylormade one.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Real question: Why do people want/need to do the scoring on a watch/gps? You can track your scores on IG and EG (other club systems are available) and some places also still require a card to be submitted or the score to be put on the screen in the clubhouse so I don't see what advantage of having to input the score to another device.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Real question: Why do people want/need to do the scoring on a watch/gps? You can track your scores on IG and EG (other club systems are available) and some places also still require a card to be submitted or the score to be put on the screen in the clubhouse so I don't see what advantage of having to input the score to another device.
If it’s on the watch you don’t need to get your phone/card out to mark the score.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it’s on the watch you don’t need to get your phone/card out to mark the score.
That must save hours every round! :ROFLMAO:
But how do you then enter your score for the competition you are in? Surely you have to transfer the scores from watch to phone/card/computer afterwards? Time that could be spent having a drink and ribbing your mates for their poor round

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hope 19 for me, love how I can use the watch gps rather than relying on the phone. Don’t bother with scoring on the watch or phone, a normal scorecard will suffice.

NeilV

Visit site
It's not so much for the scoring, but the stats, fairways, GIR. putts etc. If it didn't do that I wouldn't bother. I'd just use a card.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It's not so much for the scoring, but the stats, fairways, GIR. putts etc. If it didn't do that I wouldn't bother. I'd just use a card.

Ive got over 450 rounds of data by entering everything into Hole19 via my watch.

If playing socially with mates we all just keep our own scores, If I'm in a comp I just fill in a scorecard as any other would do - but everything goes into my watch as well. Takes me fractions of a second to do and often completed before I even leave the green and grab my bag.