Films

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The Fall Guy. Really not good. I wasn't expecting deep and meaningful but it should have been fun and it wasn't. Too woolly, 30 minutes too long, and I suspect a decent amount of dialogue between the two leads was improvised, and it showed ☹ (I massively dislike improvisation)

Avoid.
Watched 30 mins of this rammel last night. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We went to an interesting dining experience last night, where you watch a movie, and they bring you food that loosely ties in with it at certain points. The movie was Beauty and the Beast (1991 Disney version). I noticed a couple of plot holes.

What are the chances that they all had object-related names before they were even turned into those objects? i.e. the clock guy being named Cogsworth, the candle dude is Lumiere... Mrs Potts as a teapot, etc. Does the curse just take what your name is and turn you into that? What if your name doesn't mean anything? While we're on names, Belle fell in love with 'beast' but never bothered to ask what his real name was?? Or was his name actually Beast which is why the curse turned him into a beast??

When they turn back into humans Mrs Potts looks about 65 years old while her son is about 6 or 7. What's going on there? That doesn't add up does it?

Gaston was supposedly obsessed with Belle but he didn't even noticed she'd gone missing while she was stowed away in the castle?

Anyway, the food was nice!

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
We went to an interesting dining experience last night, where you watch a movie, and they bring you food that loosely ties in with it at certain points. The movie was Beauty and the Beast (1991 Disney version). I noticed a couple of plot holes.

What are the chances that they all had object-related names before they were even turned into those objects? i.e. the clock guy being named Cogsworth, the candle dude is Lumiere... Mrs Potts as a teapot, etc. Does the curse just take what your name is and turn you into that? What if your name doesn't mean anything? While we're on names, Belle fell in love with 'beast' but never bothered to ask what his real name was?? Or was his name actually Beast which is why the curse turned him into a beast??

When they turn back into humans Mrs Potts looks about 65 years old while her son is about 6 or 7. What's going on there? That doesn't add up does it?

Gaston was supposedly obsessed with Belle but he didn't even noticed she'd gone missing while she was stowed away in the castle?

Good job nobody was named Cox 😜🤣

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched Rolling Thunder the other day - a return from ‘Nam film from 1977 from the same writer as Taxi Driver. Obviously dated but it has a very young Tommy Lee Jones and an unhinged William Devane as the lead set on revenge. I liked it and would certainly prefer to watch this than some of the latest releases

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I feel you are looking into this too deeply 😄 .

Accept that it is one of Disney's finest and roll with it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seeing surprisingly decent reviews for the new Netflix film about the shark in the Seine. That may now be in my weekend view along with Godzilla Minus One. Bit of a monster movie session lined up I think.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
And the new trailer for the next Alien films looks decent as well. High hopes for it if it ties in to the first film as rumoured.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched The Hitman's Bodyguard the other night. Ryan Reynolds and Sam L Jackson, also Gary Oldman doing a good scary Russian nasty man. It was a good fun action comedy flick, and we'll have the sequel lined up for this weekend.
So we did this the other night - Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard. The storyline was a lot looser and more baffling but still good fun. It mainly seemed to be a film about Salma Hayek's breasts, which is fine by me. The ending scene was actually quite funny and a genuine surprise, and lends itself nicely to a third film..

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So we did this the other night - Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard. The storyline was a lot looser and more baffling but still good fun. It mainly seemed to be a film about Salma Hayek's breasts, which is fine by me. The ending scene was actually quite funny and a genuine surprise, and lends itself nicely to a third film..
Yeah I didn’t mind that either 😂

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Latest Planet of the Apes film. Good but no more. Too slow and like most modern films, too flabby. It could easily lose 30 minutes, be tighter and be better for it. I still like these films though 🐵🦍