Films

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched some older films last week and enjoyed them all

Cromwell (1970) they do not often make them like that any more absolutely impressive star cast and there must have been 1000s of of other actors.
The Courier one ex special forces operative trapped in a car park by 10 would be assassins. The ending was a bit of twist in the tale.
Both on the free to view channels

The Foreigner (netflix) Chackie Chan as 60 something man trying to avenge the murder of his daughter by the IRA with a bit of political scheming in the film as well.
An excellent film

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last night I watched Shadow in the Clouds (BBC) which was excellent. Part war, part horror.

Part of the story line I had seen before in an episode of the Outer Limits or something similar but it did not stop the enjoyment.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over a couple of nights I watched Parallel (SKY) took a little bit of getting in to and sometimes a bit hard to follow who is who but worth watching with a really good ending.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. I actually thought it was a good, fun watch. Had no idea that these people existed in real life until the end.
It was ok, but the film was so heavily fictionalised, they had a cheek saying “based on a true story”.

Also it features the worst impersonation of Churchill I’ve ever seen!

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
It was ok, but the film was so heavily fictionalised, they had a cheek saying “based on a true story”.

Also it features the worst impersonation of Churchill I’ve ever seen!
I’ll see your Ungentlemanly conduct and raise you “Operation Mincemeat” Churchill looked more like Danny Devito playing The Penguin!

Film was pretty decent though.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
How funny - we watched that last week. Whatever steaming channel it was on must have been suggesting it. I enjoyed it, but very similar to Lord of War I think. Jonah Hill always puts in a fun, hammy performance.
Have you seen Jonah hill now?
Lost some timber.