Feeling left out

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It'll still be a procession round the track with 2 or 3 teams dominating events. Half the time you can't overtake so if you're in the 2nd stream you're relying on mechanical failures, crashes or poor tyre changes to move up the field.
I don't know why the teams that qualify further back than 10 or 12th place bother to race. More often than not that's where they'll finish.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Total bull,the reason theres all the coverage is because its a story,the reason i say its for the publicity is because no ones talked about him for 3 years and he wants to be recognised again,hes a forgotten man.Lewis is now the man and he cant stand it.I do agree it could be the best season ever.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Maybe Lewis is the Man but Jensen is the Grandaddy?

Schumacher's been in the Ferrari pit for most of the seaon hasn't he? Whenever I watched it he was shown. And he was to re-join Ferrari but knackered his neck. He's been in the headlines a-plenty so this doesn't strike me as a publicity stunt. Hell, he's even been on Top Gear!!!

I doubt whether anyone remotely interested in cars/racing will have forgotton him. Might not like the guy but you can't dispute he's the most sucessful driver. And that's why he won't be forgotton.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
He is, but in my oppinion lewis is the man i think deep down you do too, his record states im right.

Tend to agree with you.
Button got the advantage on the rest of the field early in the season due to a better performing car. The other teams then improved and caught up with him. I personally feel that he was found sadly lacking and was quite happy to drive steadily and protect his lead.
Had Lewis got that far ahead after 6 races, I don't think it would have gone down to the wire as it did with Jenson.
Not taking anything away from Button last year, but I think Hamilton is the more naturally gifted racer.
I cannot wait to see him, Vettel, Button and Schummy going head to head next season.
It's certainly looking, on paper, to be an enthralling season. Can't wait.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I don't hate bootmender, he is just very tedious. He never has any thing to say apart from 'it was very difficult...'
You must have a really low opinion of Kimi Raikkonen if you think Schumacher is boring to listen to. The guy (kimi) speaks like he has a hand up his jacksy and is mostly made of wood.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had Lewis got that far ahead after 6 races, I don't think it would have gone down to the wire as it did with Jenson.

of course it would, given the same set of circumstances.
Braun was brilliant right out of the bag, reliable all season, and Button was .7 faster than anyone else in pre-season testing. it was inevitable that the others would catch up, and there wasn't the 'stretch' left in the Braun to keep that far ahead. The test will be next season.

can't say I'm overjoyed at schumacher coming back but where are the good new kids to keep him out? It could be interesting but would be a lot more so if they'd race on tracks where you can overtake.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
It'll still be a procession no matter who's driving.

Rossi and Lorenzo battling for the MotoGP title with Stoner in 3rd and The Doctor holding aloft the trophy.

Now that's exciting!!!

Andy

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Snore off with F1 - the most boring thing on TV (including the annual international Thames fishing cup)!!!
I really can't get into F1. All the 'cars' look the same, the drivers have zero personality and, to make matters worse, even when a race is 'won', several hours later one of the marshalls will state that the near side ventral screw holding the invert fly wheel leading to the female crocodile clip that held that male shuttle was 1/1,000,000 of a mm too short and therefore the driver, his team, his family and the bloke he sat next to at school can never take part in another motor race as long as he shall live!!!

Give me the uncomplicatedness of golf anyday... :mad: