Suddenly the unbanked!!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
visited local natwest and the poor souls there don’t know anything more than I do..

Spoke to Natwest complaints and they say ‘tough luck and good bye. We will see you at the ombudsman ‘

Looks like it will be a toss between Llyods and Nationwide. Both have a branch locally. Only difference is Lloyd’s comes with 12 months of Disney.

Also apparently switching online is only possible on solo accounts not joint accounts. Lloyds needs you to come into branch. NW is all online
Starling do a joint account.

And 3.25 % interest up to a balance of £5k.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
visited local natwest and the poor souls there don’t know anything more than I do..

Spoke to Natwest complaints and they say ‘tough luck and good bye. We will see you at the ombudsman ‘

Looks like it will be a toss between Llyods and Nationwide. Both have a branch locally. Only difference is Lloyd’s comes with 12 months of Disney.

Also apparently switching online is only possible on solo accounts not joint accounts. Lloyds needs you to come into branch. NW is all online

After this last situation is a joint account the way forward?

My wife and I have a joint account yes but I top it up each month for the bills and that's the only thing that happens

Our wages go separate into different banks

A joint account does seem very much eggs in one basket now

Plus with modern ways of banking you can transfer money to each other in seconds

@Bunkermagnet is coming up with a good solution, tbh I'd say get nationwide to replace what you got and a back up starling or either way round

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

We transferred a joint account from Nat west to nationwide with no problems a few years ago.
My Mum had a Lloyds account, which I had power of attorney for when she couldn’t cope. I found Lloyds to be stuck in the dark ages and their interest rates were pathetic.
The only thing in their favour was when she passed away they were fairly good at releasing the money, but that might be because I had the LPA.