Suddenly the unbanked!!

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can recommend Nationwide for all the add-ons. Travel Ins, Breakdown ....
How are they as a digital/online bank ... i do most of my banking online. I dont use the natwest app. I am always apprehensive about apps (thank God i dont work in tech)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
How are they as a digital/online bank ... i do most of my banking online. I dont use the natwest app. I am always apprehensive about apps (thank God i dont work in tech)
Great. I've only been into a branch once in over 8 years. Website very easy to navigate.
PS. No CC charges overseas

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
does NW give credit cards as part of their regualr bank FlexPlus.. or do you pay a separate fee for it?
No fee for the Member CC.

PS. There is a £13pm fee for the FlexPlus current account which gives you all the bells
Worldwide travel insurance cover for your family
Family phone insurance.
Vehicle breakdown cover in the UK and the rest of Europe
There are no Nationwide charges for using your card abroad or in a non-sterling currency.

But there are two other free current accounts. One on-line only (with interest).

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, it is our primary account and linked to all our incomings and outgoings.. Its hits all of our accounts and credit cards with them.

In the 20 years, never been delinquent. there has been an odd case where i might have forgotten to pay a credit card bill. I agree they probably dont make any money on us.

Have to admit it's paranoia about this stuff happening that I've got about 4 bank accounts (current accounts) I use them for golf, living , bills and joint but the idea is if this ever happened I can move to one of the others.

Maybe something to consider having a second one just incase

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are these accounts as good value for money as they make out? Do you use all the things they offer or would it be cheaper to just get what you need from other providers?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are these accounts as good value for money as they make out? Do you use all the things they offer or would it be cheaper to just get what you need from other providers?

Thing is £13 a month you can't argue with it really. Provides mobile insurance for both my wife and I (plus any phone in the house, when kids get older .. sorted)

Covers us with the AA I think ATM anyways brake down cover for both of us in any car we travel in, not just our cars

Covers the whole family in world wide travel insurance

Just takes a lot of effort out of having to sort them every year or month

Have used the aa one years ago with a different bank to get me moving on a flat tyre in a snow storm , very useful

Plus when we got a mortgage they gave us a 4 year fix for the price of a 3 year fix (as in rate)

Not bad for £156 a year

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Most other countries pay for their current accounts even if they are in credit, I expect that to become the norm over here. Banks will look to phase out “free” banking.

@Mudball did the bank offer you a paid for bank account?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Most other countries pay for their current accounts even if they are in credit, I expect that to become the norm over here. Banks will look to phase out “free” banking.

@Mudball did the bank offer you a paid for bank account?

I already pay now.. but i get it back.
I cant remember, but i used to pay £3 every month, but due to a % cashback, i would get about £10 back
but couple of months ago i upgraded to their black account and was still beating their £13 fees. plus access to insurance, airport dragon pass etc