F1 Restart

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lewis will go on to win 100+ GPs and may be 8 or even 9 world champs and still we have to listen to nonsense about how he has it easy and really any one can win in that car. There certainly is a team that gets a lot of help from the FIA and it's Ferrari.
A common theory promoted by the English press ... not a lot happening right now.
Let me remind you Schumacher got race wins against Hakkinen, Montoya , Alonso and they were driving pretty competitive stuff with no DRS .. just saying.. also Hamilton pushes back on tyre degradation he hates it, because he is mono dimensional as a driver.. by all means congratulate him but he isn’t a GOAT.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
A common theory promoted by the English press ... not a lot happening right now.
Let me remind you Schumacher got race wins against Hakkinen, Montoya , Alonso and they were driving pretty competitive stuff with no DRS .. just saying.. also Hamilton pushes back on tyre degradation he hates it, because he is mono dimensional as a driver.. by all means congratulate him but he isn’t a GOAT.
No he's the GOAT ??
Is it fair Ferrari receive an extra 70 million prize money every year, just because they're Ferrari?

Rebuteo

Visit site
Lewis will go on to win 100+ GPs and may be 8 or even 9 world champs and still we have to listen to nonsense about how he has it easy and really any one can win in that car. There certainly is a team that gets a lot of help from the FIA and it's Ferrari.

Not a fan of Lewis the person, but after he again laps his teammate on the day he wins a title, the 'it's all the car' nonsense is just shown up even more for what it is. Nonsense.

He's one of the most successful British sportsmen of all time, and isn't finished yet. Let's maybe celebrate his achievements rather than throw shade on them.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Are we allowed to mention Schumacher's cheating? Or his contracted No.1 status. Or 1 way telemetry?

Or Lewis beating Alonso, a 2 time WDC in his first season, or that he's consistently beaten all of his teammates, including those that were also world champion?

You may not like him for whatever reason, but your assessment of his racing ability is nonsense.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are we allowed to mention Schumacher's cheating? Or his contracted No.1 status. Or 1 way telemetry?

Or Lewis beating Alonso, a 2 time WDC in his first season, or that he's consistently beaten all of his teammates, including those that were also world champion?

You may not like him for whatever reason, but your assessment of his racing ability is nonsense.
Keep reading autosport ... working in the sport for over a decade apparently makes an opinion nonsense ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No he's the GOAT ??
Is it fair Ferrari receive an extra 70 million prize money every year, just because they're Ferrari?
Let Ferrari leave then if you don’t like the payment.. after all it’s there because it covers the extra attention they draw, not that I agree with that but isn’t that how sport works?

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
7 Constructors championships on the trot shows how much better their car is than anyone elses.

Lewis is an amazing driver in the best car, can't fail to win unfortunately. Bottas is not of a good enough standard to push him enough either. Can't see Lewis not winning an 8th next year. The only person in the last 7 years to take anything off him is his team mate, again showing how dominant the car is however Lewis is still amazing but personally he is not amazing enough to put him in any other car and win multiple championships over the last few years.

BiMGuy

Visit site
Keep reading autosport ... working in the sport for over a decade apparently makes an opinion nonsense ?
I've known people work in an industry for 30 years I who's opinions I consider nonsense. Post up links to some of your articles and we can decide for ourselves.

Unless you have been writing about truck racing for a decade then don't bother. Only 3 people care.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've known people work in an industry for 30 years I who's opinions I consider nonsense. Post up links to some of your articles and we can decide for ourselves.

Unless you have been writing about truck racing for a decade then don't bother. Only 3 people care.
Yay for mushrooms and their opinions

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Links to your articles please. Let's see what your options are. Because the only one you've offered so far is quite frankly, nonsense.
Why would I write articles? I am not a journalist.. go off and dig deeper do your own home work go beyond the journalist articles. I will give you a tip, the journalists were controlled by the PR and Media teams, they write what they are told.

BiMGuy

Visit site
Why would I write articles? I am not a journalist.. go off and dig deeper do your own home work go beyond the journalist articles. I will give you a tip, the journalists were controlled by the PR and Media teams, they write what they are told.

Ok. So you are just another guy on the Internet that doesn't like Lewis for whatever reason. And rather than just say that you question his driving abilities.
Best if we leave it there.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok. So you are just another guy on the Internet that doesn't like Lewis for whatever reason. And rather than just say that you question his driving abilities.
Best if we leave it there.
Your the one who stated it was nonsense when his championships were put into context... suggest you accept other opinions a little more politely in future especially when you cannot justify your own.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Throughout F1 history, the best driver has gravitated to the best car. It's just the way it is, and always has been.
May be Schumacher is the exception, when he went to Ferrari, but who knows what was coming, who knows what having him drew in in terms of sponsorship, or revenue. F1 is all about money whatever.
For me, Hamilton is not the greatest, but then neither is Schumacher. There are arguments for both, but for me, Senna is king.
Hamilton has the most wins, and probably the most championships, and kudos for that, he is brilliant, and should be appreciated more than he is, but GOAT, no. There is more to it than that.

Schumacher blotted his book when he rammed Hill, and then Villneuve. Yep, Senna rammed Prost, but then they had history of swapping car parts, it went with that era of racing.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a fan of Lewis ,but if I had to have anyone from this era of drivers drive for my life he would be the man . He drove a great race today looked after his tyres and reaped the rewards .

Now if I would have any driver from this era who I would smack in the mouth it would be Lewis .just can't warm to him at all.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Throughout F1 history, the best driver has gravitated to the best car. It's just the way it is, and always has been.
May be Schumacher is the exception, when he went to Ferrari, but who knows what was coming, who knows what having him drew in in terms of sponsorship, or revenue. F1 is all about money whatever.
For me, Hamilton is not the greatest, but then neither is Schumacher. There are arguments for both, but for me, Senna is king.
Hamilton has the most wins, and probably the most championships, and kudos for that, he is brilliant, and should be appreciated more than he is, but GOAT, no. There is more to it than that.

Schumacher blotted his book when he rammed Hill, and then Villneuve. Yep, Senna rammed Prost, but then they had history of swapping car parts, it went with that era of racing.
Merc had far from the best car when Lewis went there. At the time everyone way saying he had made a massive mistake.
It's so wierd that so many feel the need to downplay his achievements.
There is no one with more wins or world champs. End.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Merc had far from the best car when Lewis went there. At the time everyone way saying he had made a massive mistake.
It's so wierd that so many feel the need to downplay his achievements.
There is no one with more wins or world champs. End.

I don't think they are down playing his achievements though. Look Vettel won 4 world championships on the trot and ahd by far the best car, take the best car away from him and he hasn't wont anything again. For the last 5 years the Merc has been the best car so staying with it for that period should give you the most wins, the most poles and the most championships, if it hadn't have been Lewis maybe it would have been someone else. I think what frustrates some is many a time there is a failure to acknowledge it is down to more than just Lewis for the past 4 or 5 years and the team and car is amazing.

It is one of the reasons Diego Maradona is so feted, He pretty much did win the World cup for Argenttina, he dragged that team through it, Lewis has not done that for the last 5 years he has benefitted from the best car and team. Additionally he has not had the same level of driver competition that many had, Like Prost, Piquet, Senna, Mansel all at the same time. Who has been of sufficient challenge to him from a driver level, we have Max who was just a kid for the first 3 years and no one else.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
regardless of whether you think lewis is the best ever, that he is a great driver is undeniable.

He’s peerless in this current generation, alonso and vettel aren’t close to him, and although verstappen has potential, he’s not at the same level yet.

No doubt he’s had the best car for perhaps all but one of his championship wins. That’s part and parcel of F1 though.