Evnroll putters

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Hopefully the more that stock them the prices might get a little competitive and savings can be found.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
They don't look that's expensive, cheaper than a new driver or a couple of hybrids. For the about you would use it it should be good VFM.

IMO putters are the one club you can justify this kind of expense.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like Scotty Cameron eh? :smirk:

Agreed. Yet to see any on eBay either.

If people are intent on a bargain then some of Rifes earlier putters have grooves that roll the ball very well. Can be picked up pretty cheap too, saw one for £25 last week, just look for the grooves.

What they don't have is the 'across the face consistency' tech that his Evnroll range do.

So you'd get a great roller, but not the cross faced consistency.

Great rolling is a pretty good start though...

D

Deleted member 15344

Agreed. Yet to see any on eBay either.

If people are intent on a bargain then some of Rifes earlier putters have grooves that roll the ball very well. Can be picked up pretty cheap too, saw one for £25 last week, just look for the grooves.

What they don't have is the 'across the face consistency' tech that his Evnroll range do.

So you'd get a great roller, but not the cross faced consistency.

Great rolling is a pretty good start though...

If a putter is successful then it's rare that they drop in price or becomes bargains - if Evnrolls become as popular/successful as Scotty then they will always been at a high price.

For years I used TM putters - all a bit cheaper , Paint was flakey and you could tell it's a mass produced putter as such. As soon as i got my Scotty you could tell the difference in build quality , everything about them for me is superb and had no probs spending that much ( well the wife didn't as it was a present ) and I know my next putter won't be a TM etc it will but be a putter like a Scotty or Evnroll

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's going to be interesting to see how Evnroll pans out longer term as it's a crowded market and the higher end is becoming more competitive with SC regularly updating, Ping entering the milled market, and Odyssey starting to offer more expensive models. Add in TM's higher end stuff and a host of others and it's going to be a hard market. There is clearly a strong following building up with Evnroll and wonder where it will take it

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's going to be interesting to see how Evnroll pans out longer term as it's a crowded market and the higher end is becoming more competitive with SC regularly updating, Ping entering the milled market, and Odyssey starting to offer more expensive models. Add in TM's higher end stuff and a host of others and it's going to be a hard market. There is clearly a strong following building up with Evnroll and wonder where it will take it

Putting should be about outcomes though not looks.

Beware a company that mainly trades on looks.

I used a similar line on my wife :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Putting should be about outcomes though not looks.

Beware a company that mainly trades on looks.

I used a similar line on my wife :thup:

Of course it should be on outcome, but you cannot deny that SC in particular have always traded on their milled production methods. At the end of the day, as a lot of us (me included) you can pay a lot for a putter but if you can't make putts, then it's no good

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
but you cannot deny that SC in particular have always traded on their milled production methods.

I've always been impressed by the popularity of Scotty Putters.. What's the secret of their success?
Is it purely use on tour as they don't appear to sell themselves any differently.

There's been plenty of high end milled putter manufacturers that have produced quality products over recent years but a lot of them seem to have drifted away and yet SC putters seem to go from strength to strength.
Great putters no doubt but Personally I'm not a huge fan and given the choice I'd try something a little different.