European Tour to be renamed..

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Really interesting podcast from Bunkered Golf this week which features quite a long interview from Keith Pelley. Well worth a listen!

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok, go and read some golf media - the neutral stuff like Golf Monthly. Then come back and tell me who they are writing about...
Have read through the latest GM magazine, as far as I can see there were no articles on LiV itself and just two sentences dedicated to LiV contractors. To be fair there was also no articles on the ET but there were multiple pages dedicated to two of their members.

Newtonuti

Visit site
For clarity Phil, are we permitted to discuss LIV in relation to 'other things golf', or do we have to discuss 'other things golf' when LIV is part of the equation on the LIV thread?

:unsure:
I think it's just to prevent every single thread turning into a LIV vs World bumfight, which seems to be slowly creeping in.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really interesting podcast from Bunkered Golf this week which features quite a long interview from Keith Pelley. Well worth a listen!

Listened to it just earlier, first time I’ve tried the Bunkered Podcast, really enjoyed it the guys talk a lot of sense. Thought Pelley was a bit cringey, lots and lots of waffle but no real substance to his answers, just usually politicians stuff and trying to put it back to the interviewer. The guys sum up at the end was spot on 👌

sunshine

Visit site
For clarity Phil, are we permitted to discuss LIV in relation to 'other things golf', or do we have to discuss 'other things golf' when LIV is part of the equation on the LIV thread?

:unsure:
But but but I have a compulsive need to mention LIV at least 200 times a day. My crunchy nut cornflakes ran out this morning and I had to have Rice Krispies. I blame the European tour. LIV never run out of corn flakes.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Ok, go and read some golf media - the neutral stuff like Golf Monthly. Then come back and tell me who they are writing about...
LOL, no.
I couldn't tell you who has won a single exhibition game, and please don't try to pretend you don't know that the "neutral" media arent being paid to promote LIV, surely you don't believe that?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Listened to it just earlier, first time I’ve tried the Bunkered Podcast, really enjoyed it the guys talk a lot of sense. Thought Pelley was a bit cringey, lots and lots of waffle but no real substance to his answers, just usually politicians stuff and trying to put it back to the interviewer. The guys sum up at the end was spot on 👌

The podcast is really good! They get some great interviews and I really like their insights into things. Glad you liked it!

D

Deleted member 1147

Have read through the latest GM magazine, as far as I can see there were no articles on LiV itself and just two sentences dedicated to LiV contractors. To be fair there was also no articles on the ET but there were multiple pages dedicated to two of their members.
Barely mentioned in the opposition's magazine either

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
And still no "sorry I was incorrect", from the poster despite plenty of recent posts on this forum. Seems he doesn't like being challenged.

I'm amazed people are still buying magazines tbh, a dying breed I guess.
Anyway, here's a screenshot of the Golf Monthly website from the day I made that comment - I didn't bother posting at the time as I really can't be arsed arguing with quite a few people on here now, but as seen as you're calling me out for an apology, I guess I need to prove my point ;-)

So, I'm sorry, but I was correct.

golf monthly.jpg

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah it will be my new regular golf podcast, I've gone off NLU a bit, they can be very smug at times and take too many cheap digs for me.

Do like Beefs podcast just for the humour and mickey taking but obviously the serious golf stuff isn't addressed. Enjoyed that bunkered pod though - actually thought Pelley defended his corner pretty well, but the guys were quite rightly sceptical about his claims that the DPWT is in it's strongest position ever. I'll definitely be listening to them again.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm amazed people are still buying magazines tbh, a dying breed I guess.
Anyway, here's a screenshot of the Golf Monthly website from the day I made that comment - I didn't bother posting at the time as I really can't be arsed arguing with quite a few people on here now, but as seen as you're calling me out for an apology, I guess I need to prove my point ;-)

So, I'm sorry, but I was correct.

View attachment 47476
Really you hold this up as evidence. One non substantiated claim (on the back of many similar claims before that have been proven to be lies) against three articles on players from the PGAT/ET. Its hardly a ringing endorsment from one of the cheer leaders.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Really you hold this up as evidence. One non substantiated claim (on the back of many similar claims before that have been proven to be lies) against three articles on players from the PGAT/ET. Its hardly a ringing endorsment from one of the cheer leaders.

Are you being intentionally difficult? You asked me to show evidence that Golf Monthly was publishing articles about LIV, I did. Indeed, scroll up the page and click on the Golf Monthly tab at the top corner of the page, and it will take you to the GM website, where you will find another article about LIV.
So, what exactly are you trying to achieve here buddy?