European Tour to be renamed..

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Clearly I was talking about the pro game.

Apparently the only alternative to taking the dirty money is to pull up the ladders and run exhibition events.

Not for me, thanks.

I'd probably argue if anyone is going to run the big paying exhibition events it would be those with the dirty money. Remember they got Johnson, Bryson et al playing in some obscure event last year.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Was at DP world at the expo over in Dubai last month, really forward thinking company, wouldn’t mind a job in there marine department.
Half the money that comes into Dubai is from DP world.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I remember the 1st time the league cup was sponsored.
The all time worst name for it “The Milk Cup”
There's a youth cup here in NI which brings in the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Barca, Chelsea, Club America as well as some youth international teams etc and for years it was the Milk Cup too, now the Supercup, much better!

4LEX

Visit site
I have to agree with Kaz, the game at the elite level is just not as interesting or worth watching these days bar the majors. Poor coverage, no personalities, boring courses etc. I'd rather watch YouTube golfers than tediously cut feeds on Sky. I've had more entertainment from Good Good Golf, Tubes and Bad Golf than anything on the PGA and European Tour this year.

The women's event in Saudi left a sour taste, they turned a blind eye because they were getting money and forgot about women's rights or human rights in the process. It shows all they care about is themselves and money, which is fair enough. But don't play the victim card a few weeks later when it suits. It's like cows advertising burgers or turkeys celebrating Christmas. The Aramco series is pure sportwashing and the golfers involved are the definition of hypocrites.

sunshine

Visit site
The women's event in Saudi left a sour taste, they turned a blind eye because they were getting money and forgot about women's rights or human rights in the process. It shows all they care about is themselves and money, which is fair enough. But don't play the victim card a few weeks later when it suits. It's like cows advertising burgers or turkeys celebrating Christmas. The Aramco series is pure sportwashing and the golfers involved are the definition of hypocrites.

The women golfers calling for greater rewards / equality compared with the men's tours, then go and play in Saudi, where women are not allowed to play golf or even drive to the course unless they have permission from their husband or father. Not a lot of integrity there.

I think it was Meghan MacLaren who showed some principles and stayed away - fair play to her, i hope she doesn't lose out in the wider golf circuit.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
And it’s now apparently called the PGA European Tour - was there an announcement on this - which I presume would be in relation to the strategic alliance or is it just been slipped in without anybody noticing.

Spotted a hyperlink this morning while googling the DP world tour which brought up the PGA European Tour and indeed, if you search PGA European Tour it is at the heading of the web-pages.

Or has it always been this way?

27FFA2BA-5D05-4217-B185-4FED6BD9A19C.jpeg0528845D-1C07-4BBF-A08E-D83E3F47D5A9.jpeg

IJames

Visit site
And it’s now apparently called the PGA European Tour - was there an announcement on this - which I presume would be in relation to the strategic alliance or is it just been slipped in without anybody noticing.
Spotted a hyperlink this morning while googling the DP world tour which brought up the PGA European Tour and indeed, if you search PGA European Tour it is at the heading of the web-pages.

Or has it always been this way?

View attachment 47447View attachment 47448
PGA European Tour has been its legal name for a long time! DP World Tour is for sponsorship acknowledgement! That change is what prompted the first post!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

PGA European Tour has been its legal name for a long time! DP World Tour is for sponsorship acknowledgement! That change is what prompted the first post!

Fair enough. Wasn’t sure if it had been the legal name before or not.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It has been for more than 20 years

It's why when Liv rocked up I was hoping the dp world would align with them so people like Bryson, Phil, DJ , brooks would tee up to get ranking points thus elevating the dp world a bit instead they went deeper into feeding the pga by losing their top 10 stars every year

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
It has been for more than 20 years
To be fair I don’t watch it much as it’s on during the day and for the US it will be in during the early hours.

The PGA fits British viewing hours much better bar the odd exception.

If sky got their act together they could replay the last three day of the European tour on Monday to Wednesday evenings. I’m sick of watching PGA reruns. Feels like the BBC!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
To be honest it really feels like a feeder into the main PGA tour these days.

There'll be couple of big events in the summer, Scottish Open, The Open etc and Pelley and McGinley will be telling us all how brilliant the Strategic Alliance is. Truth is, the DPWT has now dropped off the radar of professional golf - and globally it is no more relevant than The Asian tour - it's certainly dropped well behind LIV in terms of interest.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
It's why when Liv rocked up I was hoping the dp world would align with them so people like Bryson, Phil, DJ , brooks would tee up to get ranking points thus elevating the dp world a bit instead they went deeper into feeding the pga by losing their top 10 stars every year
They are too attached to the PGA I reckon. To be fair LIV drives me nuts! The music booming out all over the course just doesn’t come across well on TV. It’s just an inaudible racket.

cleveland52

Visit site
There'll be couple of big events in the summer, Scottish Open, The Open etc and Pelley and McGinley will be telling us all how brilliant the Strategic Alliance is. Truth is, the DPWT has now dropped off the radar of professional golf - and globally it is no more relevant than The Asian tour - it's certainly dropped well behind LIV in terms of interest.
LOL!......I can't find too many people that feel this way with the exception of a few LIV zealots...:LOL::LOL: