England Football Managers Application

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
"Hi, I believe that there is a vacancy for a new manager. Please put me name forward. I've got the FA level 1 coaching certificate, which, after watching that shower last night, the last manager cannot possibly have. I couldn't do any worse now could I? I'll do it in conjunction with a few mates from in the pub, as we could all see what should have happened and the fact the Stirling should not have even been on the plane. I look forward to speaking with you regarding making us a great team again. PS You can tell Joe Hart he won't be required ever again, unless the tea lady gets injured. "

I've applied !!!!! :thup: And got a reply !!!!!

Dear John,

Thank you for your email.

Our defeat to Iceland and exit from Euro 2016 was obviously a bitter disappointment to us all.

The performance was nowhere near the standards required in the knockout stage of a major tournament and far below the level we aspire to for England. It was a huge let down to the many thousands of fans who followed the team so passionately and loyally not just in France but through qualifying as well.

Roy Hodgson's decision to step down from his role along with the other members of his coaching staff, is the right decision and we support it. Clearly we need to change to improve if we are going to achieve our ambitions in the years ahead.

What has stood out has been the magnificent support given to us from the stands. At every single match, England fans were incredible and never stopped singing.

Our young squad will better for the experience and the passionate support our supporters have given them will encourage them to want to do better in future tournaments.

Rest assured, we will consider everything that has gone into this tournament and ensure we learn the lessons. Work is already underway with our CEO Martin Glenn, Technical Director Dan Ashworth and David Gill to ensure we manage the process of appointing a new England manager and thank you for your application. These are not easy decisions but we will take the appropriate time to get it right.

We are confident that our investment in Coach Education and Sports Psychology in the National Football Centre at St. George’s Park which we started two years ago will bear fruit in the coming years and the success of our development teams gives us confidence that this will happen.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact The FA.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It wouuld be interesting to know how many other people got the same reply! Fair play to them for at least taking the time to send an reply though.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Reading between the lines, that's a maybe. Good luck.

I not been rules out.....no wonder......if the nutter Hoddle is current favourite they must be keeping my application quiet and I'll be rolled out last minute as the surprise choice. I'll be getting Lee Dixon on my team for a start!!!!! Also, during games I'll be linking up direct with the commentators in the studio, especially at half time. I will also have a few pubs miked up that are showing the game in case theirs anything missed by the studio lads. The ex Man U player will not be required. He can go back to Sky. Where was he when Roy need him? Nowhere to be seem, therefore does not have the dodahs required.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I not been rules out.....no wonder......if the nutter Hoddle is current favourite they must be keeping my application quiet and I'll be rolled out last minute as the surprise choice. I'll be getting Lee Dixon on my team for a start!!!!! Also, during games I'll be linking up direct with the commentators in the studio, especially at half time. I will also have a few pubs miked up that are showing the game in case theirs anything missed by the studio lads. The ex Man U player will not be required. He can go back to Sky. Where was he when Roy need him? Nowhere to be seem, therefore does not have the dodahs required.

Don't forget a direct link into here