Eng Golf Seniors Individual at Huddersfield(Fixby) & Wimslow this June

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just to say their are still places for a chance to play these great courses at their best for just £47.50 including Bacon Roll & drink with a 2 course meal after. All the info is HERE
Is anybody all ready entered??

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've entered the Midlands one at Longcliffe.

Still room there I see..... bit far South for the one day. Yes, Sherwood Forest etc was a real give-away last year.... Clubs couldn't be expected to continue like that.... it's still a good deal, I'd say for a top quality Comp.
My biggest problem is competing, at both, with 'Yorkshire's golfing wonder' John Freeman of Willow Valley... he was too slow to get in at Sherwood but played & had a mare at Wetherby..... still he won EG Seniors the year before as well as the 4-day 'Wirral Classic' in 2013 & 4-day 'E Lothian Links Cup' 2015 not to mention numerous trips to Dubai & others..... & still, I see, off 12 !! I've check!! he's not down for Longcliffe. I'm amazed that Huddersfield, a very tough course though, has just over 60 entries.... Wimslow has 98...... & I see Princes is full & you've just 2 places left....... hence me promoting it on here.
Anyway Nick...play well & I hope I may see you at Woodhall Spa if we get through :D :thup:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Still room there I see..... bit far South for the one day. Yes, Sherwood Forest etc was a real give-away last year.... Clubs couldn't be expected to continue like that.... it's still a good deal, I'd say for a top quality Comp.
My biggest problem is competing, at both, with 'Yorkshire's golfing wonder' John Freeman of Willow Valley... he was too slow to get in at Sherwood but played & had a mare at Wetherby..... still he won EG Seniors the year before as well as the 4-day 'Wirral Classic' in 2013 & 4-day 'E Lothian Links Cup' 2015 not to mention numerous trips to Dubai & others..... & still, I see, off 12 !! I've check!! he's not down for Longcliffe. I'm amazed that Huddersfield, a very tough course though, has just over 60 entries.... Wimslow has 98...... & I see Princes is full & you've just 2 places left....... hence me promoting it on here.
Anyway Nick...play well & I hope I may see you at Woodhall Spa if we get through :D :thup:

You too Dave, that Freeman chap must have nerve for the big event.....

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I want to play in one of the Northern ones but they clash with our comp day, although the Huddersfield one only clashes with a foursomes qualifier that I could miss.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fair comment, but as competition secretary I feel that I should play in all I can.

Yes I can see that..... but for me I'd be looking to represent my Club at as high a level as I can.... & in our kind of golf it doesn't get much higher than EG Singles.... com'on see you there :whoo::whoo:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
34 pts, missed qualifying by 1 and I 3 putted the last!!!!!! misread the line and then missed a 3-4 footer.

Oh, that's a close call... hard luck.... Wilmslow next for us... gotta give those birdies a chance... just to tentative today

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
34 pts, missed qualifying by 1 and I 3 putted the last!!!!!! misread the line and then missed a 3-4 footer.
I only parred one of the par 3's & went through the back into nettles on the Par3 17th, a shot-hole, which I blobbed :mad: So just one blob, one Birdie & several putts almost got, left me a little disappointed, though not as unhappy as some ;)
Fixby Huddersfield Seniors.jpg
Some significant games coming up with our Club Seniors this Sat, Preston GC B/ball Open with Andy Greg to reccie the course before the EG Regional Northern Qualifier the Sunday after...... gotta keep fit

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I only parred one of the par 3's & went through the back into nettles on the Par3 17th, a shot-hole, which I blobbed :mad: So just one blob, one Birdie & several putts almost got, left me a little disappointed, though not as unhappy as some ;)
View attachment 22816
Some significant games coming up with our Club Seniors this Sat, Preston GC B/ball Open with Andy Greg to reccie the course before the EG Regional Northern Qualifier the Sunday after...... gotta keep fit

I had a mixed bag on the par 3s, a blob, 3 bogies and a birdie which was a 6 inch tap in!

I haven't any more seniors this season, must do more next year.

Harrybob

Visit site
Playing at Wilmslow - John Freeman is there. Haven't heard much of him since he won the north region qualifier for the Titleist Matchplay and a hol to Val de Lobo last October at Pleasington ... must be playing poorly as he's just managed to get his handicap up to 13.