End of season handicap results/ stories/ excuses.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Results/stories. It’s been a pretty decent season. Started on 8.1, css dependant I might be down to 6.9 after today. 1.6 in cuts, 4x 0.1 back. Rest buffer, from around 18 qualifiers. Won nothing tho!

All done now until April.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Started at 14.0 and currently 14.0

A win and a second so can't say the season has been a disaster. A hospital stay in February and being unable to play much for a few weeks wiped a lot of winter work. Swing flaws (well discussed on here) have held me back but my pitching and sand play has come on leaps and bounds. I have no excuses, and I it is what it is and so we start again over the winter with the stuff from my GM lesson, hope not to be in hospital for a third February running and hit the ground running.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started season at 17.8 my highest in 40 years. Managed a few 2nd places at away comps. So got back down to 15.4 :whoo:. But then up, down, up whoosh up, up + ended the season at 16.5, down 1.3 overall , but should've done better.:eek:

Bad back is my excuse, especially my bad back 9.:(

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started at 12.3 now 14.6 23 straight 0.1s not great , handicap is the highest in 15 years , think i suffer from LOFT

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
At the start of the year I had set two targets. Get down to 12 and try and break 80 in a medal.

After missing a big chunk of the summer, by the time we were in August, I had crept back up to 17 and struggled to break 90.

However the last month has seen my game come on a fair bit and in the final medal today I shot 80 and got cut down to 13 flat.

Didn’t quite achieve my two targets but can not believe how close I got.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
No change. Nothing. Nada. Niente. Started the season on 32.5 and I am still on 32.5. (In Germany, if your handicap is over 26, it can only go down, not up)

I am pretty certain, that I am playing a lot better now than I did a year ago. It just never showed in the comp results. Number of qualifiers available to play on the weekend was relatively limited as well, I think I played 10 all season. Even managed to win one of them. With exactly 36 pts. It is a bit frustrating. But on a more positive note, really catastrophic rounds have been rare as well. I managed to keep scores above 30 pts in all comps except one (where I came dead last ... it was a really really bad day, which I erased from my memory)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Started at 7.3, played all available qualifiers and finished on 7.7 without a cut in sight.
As midweek members we only get one comp a month between April and September - poor I know but there you go.
The goal, to be fair, was to maintain handicap and, up to a point, I've kind of managed that - still got a 7 at the front anyway.
As we will be more used to the Zoo next year were going to start putting more supplementary cards in, especially CVG and Fragger who are both struggling to make buffer.
I'm starting to get to grips with the course so, hopefully, next season I can start dropping that handicap a little...

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got my handicap down to 17.6 (now back up to 17.9 after this weekend) - I have got to be the worst 18 handicapper out there. Had one ridiculously good round that got me cut 3.9 shots and can't play anywhere near that standard let alone to an 18 handicap - a lil bit despondent but I'll play every weekend throughout the autumn and winter in hope i can have a few good rounds again :D

D

Deleted member 18121

Started on 13.5 and finished on 13.6.......had a succession of buffers, got down to 13.4 for 1 week and then straight back up again. Just glad I've proved to myself that I can play to that standard.

New shinies now, so hopeful for next season.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think my season has been well documented. I've now got six months to decide what to do. After Saturdays shotgun and then presentation evening and being told by many I'm doing a good job and they hope I'm carrying on, I felt better about things, but...I dunno if that's going to be enough.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Handicap wise I started the season well and dropped from 11.6 to 10.2 before the end of June, but I have slowly increased since then and finished at 10.8, No excuses expect lack of consistency, twice I was well under handicap after 16 holes but messed up the last 2 holes.

Result wise it has been pretty good, I was Club Champion, I won the local assocation's matchplay tournament and both prizes offered by the Club captain and the Club President.

So all in all a decent season for me.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Started the season at 5.9. Went up and down like a yo-yo but unfortunately on an upward trajectory. Late season resurgence has me back to 5.9 having had my lowest ever handicap of 5.8 last me 12 hours!

3 or 4 qualifiers to go..... I think my dream of playing off 4 is out of reach for this season. A couple of good rounds may make a decent season though.