DST Compressor

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I've been thinking about one of these for a while, as it's something I am always working on - the comments and discount codes have convinced me to order one, let's hope it helps.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I predict you will buy one, use it twice, then it will stay in the garage for the rest of its life (like mine).

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Wonder why they made this an 8 iron. I would have liked to have tried a mid iron one like a 6 iron.

Probably because loft is your friend and it would be easier to get results from and thus improve sales from positive reports :mmm:

Is it a fad, you get them now & then and everyone rushes out looking for the Holy Grail, how have people got on them over a decent period of time and more importantly, has it improved your game, scoring/handicap etc?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably because loft is your friend and it would be easier to get results from and thus improve sales from positive reports :mmm:

Is it a fad, you get them now & then and everyone rushes out looking for the Holy Grail, how have people got on them over a decent period of time and more importantly, has it improved your game, scoring/handicap etc?

Have you used one?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

Given that a very large proportion of people on the USPga leaderboards use them if suggest it does work.

Rose and Stenson (arguably 2 of the best ball strikers on tour) use them to warm up religiously, you see photos every week with them using it.

Personally I love mine and the proof for me is in my par 3 performance already this year (long time an issue for me). I'm giving myself a lot of good birdie putts from my mid irons

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Given that a very large proportion of people on the USPga leaderboards use them if suggest it does work.

Rose and Stenson (arguably 2 of the best ball strikers on tour) use them to warm up religiously, you see photos every week with them using it.

Personally I love mine and the proof for me is in my par 3 performance already this year (long time an issue for me). I'm giving myself a lot of good birdie putts from my mid irons

Mine came yesterday and went out for a play with it. It seems like I have to weaken my grip by about 20° and have my hands outside my left leg to get the lines to line up. Am I doing it wrong or is it showing how wrong my usual set up is?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine came yesterday and went out for a play with it. It seems like I have to weaken my grip by about 20° and have my hands outside my left leg to get the lines to line up. Am I doing it wrong or is it showing how wrong my usual set up is?
Shouldn't have to change anything so maybe original set up.

I set up completely normal, and then move my hands forward until the line is parrelel. I certainly do not touch my grip.

The idea is that it replicates the position you should be in @ impact.

Have a look on the DST website and there are a few instructional videos. It also recommends just chipping/pitching with it to start with

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shouldn't have to change anything so maybe original set up.

I set up completely normal, and then move my hands forward until the line is parrelel. I certainly do not touch my grip.

The idea is that it replicates the position you should be in @ impact.

Have a look on the DST website and there are a few instructional videos. It also recommends just chipping/pitching with it to start with

I set up as normal then moved my hands forward, but felt like I was twisting my arms clockwise to keep the face straight so released my grip then re-took it when the club was in position.

I think I need to check the videos out :)

Thanks.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
No not at all. At impact the club should be delofted 'hence the compression'

Without want to sound'elitist' I do believe it's a 'better' players golf club as most amateurs try and help the ball into the air - the one thing you shouldn't do.

I also think it's something you should be taught to use before diving in.