DST Compressor

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well I always thought I struck the ball well, been working for past 2yrs on forward shaft lean and rotating the body to square the club face at impact. I showed him a swing recently yesterday and said it was getting to somewhere where he likes it to be. So with what he wants me to do, I bought the 8i the other day and today was the first time I've used it and all I can say is, oh my lord............. Another level in striking a golf ball, what an amazing club/aid.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well I always thought I struck the ball well, been working for past 2yrs on forward shaft lean and rotating the body to square the club face at impact. I showed him a swing recently yesterday and said it was getting to somewhere where he likes it to be. So with what he wants me to do, I bought the 8i the other day and today was the first time I've used it and all I can say is, oh my lord............. Another level in striking a golf ball, what an amazing club/aid.

Good stuff pal.

Im getting there slowly with it now. Hitting them really well and consistent down the range and looking much better on the course

Weirdly however my bad shots have turned into a bit of a thin as opposed to chunking it a little before the ball.

I find though that if it hit a bad one, i pull the DST out the bag and have a few practice swings and then it almost resets my dodgy swing for a couple of shots or more*

The biggest win so far is that it helps me keep connected. Tell you what this is helping me right through the bag as i am not swinging with the hands so much now.

Even my putting has improved a little

Hope it keeps working for you

*when playing with my mates in a non competitive "knock". Not in the medal....

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good stuff pal.

Im getting there slowly with it now. Hitting them really well and consistent down the range and looking much better on the course

Weirdly however my bad shots have turned into a bit of a thin as opposed to chunking it a little before the ball.

I find though that if it hit a bad one, i pull the DST out the bag and have a few practice swings and then it almost resets my dodgy swing for a couple of shots or more*

The biggest win so far is that it helps me keep connected. Tell you what this is helping me right through the bag as i am not swinging with the hands so much now.

Even my putting has improved a little

Hope it keeps working for you

*when playing with my mates in a non competitive "knock". Not in the medal....

well they say it's not how good your good shots are, it's how good your bad are and a chunky fat is worse then a thin......

i love this club and will be in my bag all the time, apart from comps.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Managed to get a lend of one of these (cheers Paul DJ :thup: )

Haven't had a full blast of it yet, but what I've seen so far is good.

Just using it to hit some short pitch shots in the house with practice foam balls...going to have a proper practice tomorrow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Managed to get a lend of one of these (cheers Paul DJ :thup: )

Haven't had a full blast of it yet, but what I've seen so far is good.

Just using it to hit some short pitch shots in the house with practice foam balls...going to have a proper practice tomorrow

Dont try full shot with it right off the bat. Just hit little 60-70yd pitchs with it, it will feel strange but build up and work on the technique and increase your distance with it till you are at full swing with it.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had one shot with Pauldj on Friday and it just clicked in my head straight away.
Hit it better yesterday till my back gone :(
Don't felt like I use to hit it

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
jasondransfieldgolf.wordpress.com
I've been using one for a while and really like it. Just bought the 8 iron and Wedge. As I tend to hit the ball high, this has helped me lower the flight and compress the ball a bit better. Definitely a good training aid.

If anyone is after a 10% code use Dransfield745, DST provided this for my clients.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dont try full shot with it right off the bat. Just hit little 60-70yd pitchs with it, it will feel strange but build up and work on the technique and increase your distance with it till you are at full swing with it.

Do I set up to the ball and start my swing with my eyes lined up to the line on the Hosel?

D

Deleted member 16999

Do I set up to the ball and start my swing with my eyes lined up to the line on the Hosel?
Yes mate, you need to have it correctly aligned to return it to the correct position, have you watched the youtube vid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I would for the short half shots to get used to the different feel for the impact position. It will feel awkward and more like playing cricket then golf. So when you go to a full swing you'll think I can't hit this and may get handsy and stop rotation which will end up a pull draw. Trust your rotation to square the face at impact, and once you hit one you will feel and see the diffence in ball flight.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would for the short half shots to get used to the different feel for the impact position. It will feel awkward and more like playing cricket then golf. So when you go to a full swing you'll think I can't hit this and may get handsy and stop rotation which will end up a pull draw. Trust your rotation to square the face at impact, and once you hit one you will feel and see the diffence in ball flight.

Cheers....What's the optimal flight when using this would you say a piercing draw??

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
While i understand the concept of this for irons, this is training a position i get into quite well problem being i carry it through to the driver and hit my driver very low.

Would be good to know if people feels this is a good training aid

D

Deleted member 16999

While i understand the concept of this for irons, this is training a position i get into quite well problem being i carry it through to the driver and hit my driver very low.

Would be good to know if people feels this is a good training aid

Right now yes, definitely got me hitting my irons better, still early days to see the results I hope for, got the consistencey and hoping that will transfer in qualifiers, not having issues with Driver or woods as my set up is different and hands work differently.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers....What's the optimal flight when using this would you say a piercing draw??

I find I hit it straight or with 2-3 yds of draw, any more then that and your getting handsy or stalling on rotation. You will know when you've hit one right out of the screws.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find I hit it straight or with 2-3 yds of draw, any more then that and your getting handsy or stalling on rotation. You will know when you've hit one right out of the screws.

Had a quick try of it again today and yeah the good ones where straight with a little draw

Still couldn't quite get the feeling to transfer to the course....but got a lesson booked tomorrow and going to hit the practice field for a good 2 hours....so should get a good go of it.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been having a read on this wondering if it will be worthy of a purchase. My problems are with getting my body and hands ahead of the ball on my driver, this causes an off sky and normal low flight. Been working hard on it and feel i am getting there. I found this image interesting on the DST website, it looks to me like the hands are ahead on the driver? :confused:

Capture.jpg

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been having a read on this wondering if it will be worthy of a purchase. My problems are with getting my body and hands ahead of the ball on my driver, this causes an off sky and normal low flight. Been working hard on it and feel i am getting there. I found this image interesting on the DST website, it looks to me like the hands are ahead on the driver? :confused:

View attachment 19614

it should be no different to an iron swing. This is what I'm working on as I've got an iron swing and a driver swing. I just want one swing for all.