Drones (anyone used one during a round)

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
This post could be frowned upon.

Just purchased one and was thinking of heading up on a buggy and capturing some footage of my buddies. Obviously I wouldn’t be playing but I’d make sure the course was dead, sunset rounds next year would be ideal.

My question would be. Has anyone done this?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Just purchased one and was thinking of heading up on a buggy and capturing some footage of my buddies. Obviously I wouldn’t be playing but I’d make sure the course was dead, sunset rounds next year would be ideal.

Ive played at The London Club with Golf Monthly and they used a drone to get footage on a few holes - and it got some great shots.

Id just make sure the club allows it and maybe turn up slightly early and let the group in front of you know you'll be flying one about as they're quite noisy!

D

Deleted member 25575

Could be good for scouting out a blind tee shot or approach ?

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Ive played at The London Club with Golf Monthly and they used a drone to get footage on a few holes - and it got some great shots.

Id just make sure the club allows it and maybe turn up slightly early and let the group in front of you know you'll be flying one about as they're quite noisy!

Well if golf monthly did it ?

Any footage of the drone pics / footage from the round at London Club ?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Look up the law surrounding drones as it can be a minefield.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All the photos of the course on our club website are drone footage.

Even having played there for years sometimes it takes some working out what hole is in the photo.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Never go for a round without my drone.
Send it down the fairway and use it to spot which part of the rough I've hit my ball into, paid for itself already in money saved on lost balls.

And it's handy to see where the hold up is when play is slow and then buzzing the culprits, I've fitted a loudspeaker to mine and shout "GET A MOVE ON YOU FLIPPIN BANKERS!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Send it down the fairway and use it to spot which part of the rough I've hit my ball into, paid for itself already in money saved on lost balls.

And it's handy to see where the hold up is when play is slow and then buzzing the culprits, I've fitted a loudspeaker to mine and shout "GET A MOVE ON YOU FLIPPIN BANKERS!

you always was one for the modern equipment Nick ;)

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Don't use one if I'm on the course. I hot a really high ball, so will likely take the thing out! ?

Mandofred

Visit site
I've always wondered why when you look at a golf course with drone footage....it's always from high up. I guess it kind of "looks" better, but it doesn't look like the course you will see if you are playing.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
There's a model aircraft club congregates across the road from our club, flying toys aeroplanes round, and round, and round.... and round again. The only fun they can get out of it is knowing the noise from them is annoying all the golfers over the road trying to tee off on the 18th. :ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Lots of club videos have been shot using drones and done during normal hours with plenty folk on the course.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site

I’ve fitted an LED board to the back of my remote control trolley that does the same!

Golfnut1957

Visit site

How do you know they are all Bankers? Bowler hats? Spats? Pin Stripe suit?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I played a few times at my course and took mine out, usually late out in the summer when the course was empty and I got the GM's permission beforehand. He was fine with it and was interested to see the photos.

You rarely need to be concerned with the legal aspects given you're on course and so you're probably well away from built up areas and if you're playing late then you're not around crowds either. Depending on what you're planning on flying then I guess the rules might be less, I have the larger Mavic for longer flights and then I have the Mini Pro 3 for something I can stick in a bag and being under the 250g limit there are far less regulations that I have to stick to.