Driving rants

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Come on then.. what grinds your gears with other drivers on the road?

Rear fogs...why...they've probably been left on since january :rolleyes: when there was a tiny bit of mist.

Wagons overtaking wagons, it takes 5 miles to do because the driver on the inside won't let his foot off for 5 seconds :mmm:

Must be plenty more....

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
The one that really annoys me, are those drivers that slow down on he motorway/Dual Carriage way to let other drivers coming down the slip road join the motorway/Dual Carriage way. The cars on the sliproad must give priority to those on the motorway/dual carriage way, not the other way round.

The number of times I've seen drivers think they are being courteous by slowing or sometimes even stopping on the main road to let slip drivers out is just plain dangerous.

Obviously if circumstances allow the driver on the main road will just swap lanes and traffic flows but when that is not an option don't bleedin slow down or stop to let someone out from the slip road. If you'd left enough gap between you and the car in front the car on the slip, assuming they have half a brain, would just match the main road speed and slip in without any issues.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Related to khamlion's point.
Attempting to join a dual carriageway or motorway by driving down the slip road at @£&$¥*# 40mph

And red lights mean stop, not "oh go on then just one or two more"

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Bus drivers thinking they have a right to pull out as soon as they indicate. I have serious anger issues with this!

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
'The peeper'

It's the driver who keeps appearing in your offside mirror every 5 seconds desperate to get past even though there is several miles of traffic infront of you.

They shoot past at the first opportunity usally cutting you up, then you spent the next umpteen miles watching their brake lights going on & off because they are incapable off maintaining a constant distance betwen them and the car infront :mad:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Misuse of Rear Fogs and Land (lack of) discipline certainly my major gripes!

Love Stuey's description of Red Lights!

Folk poodling down a queue on a 'big' road who refuse to let anyone from a lesser road in. Closely followed by those who let the entire queue from it in!

The School Run!

Railway barrier policy!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
People, usually old, who are so poor at driving that they now drive massively under the speed limit, eg 40mph in a 60 zone. Fine if the conditions suit but when everything is perfect they are just blocking traffic. Particularly a problem in the NE where we have so many single lane roads.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Drivers who automatically stop at mini roundabouts. If you get three at the same time nobody moves!!!!!

Drivers who do 40 in a 50 then 40 in a 30 at the next village when you have overtaken them!

Drivers who don't slow down and "flash" an oncoming vehicle turning right when it is holding up a big queue of traffic. I'll usually be the one behind the car waiting!

FRONT fog lights permanently on......"they look pretty" etc ......they also say "****er".

Drivers who (usually in a Nissan Micra / Ford Ka / Fiat 500 etc) go in the outside lane at traffic lights then don't (or can't) pull away quickly enough to prevent chaos when the traffic merges into one lane.

.....etc etc.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People filling the gap I have left to the car in front of me for bracking distance especially on the motorway.

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
People who come belting down the outside of a line of queuing traffic and then try to push in at the front. This is why front-mounted cannons should be mandatory on all cars built from now on.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The driver who sits 30 feet behind the lorry at the front of the queue with no intention of overtaking the lorry, effectively doubling the length of time it would take to overtake both vehicles in one go.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
People, usually old, who are so poor at driving that they now drive massively under the speed limit, eg 40mph in a 60 zone. Fine if the conditions suit but when everything is perfect they are just blocking traffic. Particularly a problem in the NE where we have so many single lane roads.

We have them in our area, when they get to a 30mph village they usually carry on at 40mph.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
people on my road, its my road and my speed limit.

I want a 70mph tank, then we'll see who has right of way!

/did I just type this out loud

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
People who come belting down the outside of a line of queuing traffic and then try to push in at the front. This is why front-mounted cannons should be mandatory on all cars built from now on.

I do hate this, forgot to put it in my rant. These cars, if not blown up, should be forcibly removed from the road and crushed and the driver left on the hard shoulder. Make your own way home mate.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the motorway, those people who zoom up in the lane next to you then just sit on your shoulder when you need to pull out to overtake!

People who slow down to walking speed to go over next to non-existent speed bumps!