Driving rants

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
When driver down the motorway towards road works and contra-flow, having a numb buts lorry driver block the outside lane, so nothing can get past, forcing everyone to queue for the two miles before the road works start and thus creating large tail backs for no reason.

Why not use both lanes and merge in turn as you get to the cones?

D

Deleted Member 1156

There is a reason we do that and it's because of inconsiderate/impatient drivers. And the Highway Code says it's OK to do so.

EFA'd that for you.

I completely forgot about my hatred of most cyclists!

Next time you go impatiently bombing past a cyclist 6 inches from your wing mirror, just remember you are in a big metal box and we have bugger all protection.

If cyclists ride 2 abreast, it forces drivers to slow down and go round us when there is no oncoming traffic.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
People indicating to turn right or left, when sitting in a right or left turn only lane.

You're sitting in a right turn only lane, we know which way you are going to turn, or those who sit in a right turn only lane, not indicating and then as the lights change and they start to make the turn, then bleedin indicate.

And then there are those people who stop at the side of the road, brake first, stop and then indicate, wrong order numb nuts.

Oh aye, the knobs who put their hazards on while being towed, how do the cars behind know which direction you are going to turn, telepathy. Hazards are for emergencies not for when you are being towed.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Next time you go impatiently bombing past a cyclist 6 inches from your wing mirror, just remember you are in a big metal box and we have bugger all protection.

If cyclists ride 2 abreast, it forces drivers to slow down and go round us when there is no oncoming traffic.

Ha... the law does state that its ok but as you point out, there is very little chance of the driver getting hurt even if they smash directly into you. It might be an idea to use your head, get out of the way and the motorist will not feel the need to chop you hard when he/she pass you.

There have been 6 cyclist fatalities this year, lets not have any more because of the arrogance of cyclists who feel they need to teach motorists what the law is over what is smart.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

You shouldn't be next to each other on narrow or busy roads anyway. So if the rules are obeyed it shouldn't make a difference. But I can see why you do it, make sure the fella you don't like is on the outside!

Takes the Michael tho when I'm on the country lane on the way to the club on a Sunday morning. And there's a fleet of 40 year old mens arses staring at me in their lycra, as they're 3 or 4 abreast and I can't get round.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why are cyclists arrogant because they ride two a breast ? They have just as much a right on the road as a car.

Why should a cyclist "get out of the way" just because a car wants to get past ?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Horses, Cyclists and generally anyone who hasn't paid road fund licence to be on the road. That included Prius drivers etc.

In the real world, what really gets me are the people that dont think any more that 5 meters in front of them, whether thats filtering round parked cars in residential roads, waiting until the last second to overtake a truck on the motorway etc.

As an ex BMW and Audi driver (bet that surprised a few of you!) but more so an ex motorcylclist, I think my road and hazard awareness is very good and usually avoid any "issues" before they happen as I can spot an idiot from 100yards +. Years of driving 19, Accidents 0.

D

Deleted member 15344

You shouldn't be next to each other on narrow or busy roads anyway. So if the rules are obeyed it shouldn't make a difference. But I can see why you do it, make sure the fella you don't like is on the outside!

Takes the Michael tho when I'm on the country lane on the way to the club on a Sunday morning. And there's a fleet of 40 year old mens arses staring at me in their lycra, as they're 3 or 4 abreast and I can't get round.

Why are they taking the micheal ? They are breaking no laws and exercising their right to be on the road .

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why are cyclists arrogant because they ride two a breast ? They have just as much a right on the road as a car.

Why should a cyclist "get out of the way" just because a car wants to get past ?

Whats the view when there is a perfectly good cycle path that is not being utilized. (and not just the MAMIL lot who will worry about popping their racing slicks)

D

Deleted member 15344

Whats the view when there is a perfectly good cycle path that is not being utilized. (and not just the MAMIL lot who will worry about popping their racing slicks)

What's mamil ?!

They still have a right to be on the road even if there is a cycle path not being used.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Horses, Cyclists and generally anyone who hasn't paid road fund licence to be on the road. That included Prius drivers etc.

In the real world, what really gets me are the people that dont think any more that 5 meters in front of them, whether thats filtering round parked cars in residential roads, waiting until the last second to overtake a truck on the motorway etc.

As an ex BMW and Audi driver (bet that surprised a few of you!) but more so an ex motorcylclist, I think my road and hazard awareness is very good and usually avoid any "issues" before they happen as I can spot an idiot from 100yards +. Years of driving 19, Accidents 0.

My mrs drove into the back of someone a couple of week back,everytime im in the car with her I tell her she's too close to the car in front,does she listen? Nope.
She's also got a couple of horses :-/

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why wouldn't they have a right to be on the road ? Unless the law has changed ?

Because they pay nothing toward the upkeep of the roads. While i pay over 300 pounds a year to drive my big 4x4. Ergo, they should get out of my way so i can drive my kids to school.

D

Deleted member 15344

Because they pay nothing toward the upkeep of the roads. While i pay over 300 pounds a year to drive my big 4x4. Ergo, they should get out of my way so i can drive my kids to school.

Unfortuantly them not paying road tax doesn't stop them having the right to be on the road