Driver sound.

sunshine

Visit site
Ha ha :ROFLMAO: Oh my days, yes, I concentrate on the feel aspect ahead of the sound... perhaps that is where you are going wrong! The sound might be a split second after the contact but to be honest I'm concentrating on the strike so the sound isn't my focus.. you can't have the sound without the strike, or maybe you hit yours backwards? Anyway would love to chat more but i'm off to hit golf balls with a drum, after all, its all about the sound.

I don't think I've got my point across. Sound plays a huge role in "feel".

How did the session with the drum go? Were you fitted? Banging.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so, and as I suspected was happening…the better I hit my new G425 driver the quieter it seems to be getting. Not long back from a quick nine holes before the heavens emptying curtailed my round, and was hitting the ball great and my tin drum on a stick was really quite muted.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Believe me his does not sound good.

Got to be the fact it is teed so low and he hits it like an iron with a decsending blow so not getting anywhere near the sweet spot. Worse that one of the illegal Cobra's back in the day, loud and tinny, makes you want to be elsewhere when he hits it :poop:

Does your mate know its definately genuine or did he buy it off ebay etc?

Sim2's are very quiet and the shaft shouldnt change that loads. Even with a hard ball the sim2 has a really nice muted sound.

They say the replicas look almost perfect now and can perform ok but sound and face feel can give them away.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Believe me his does not sound good.

Got to be the fact it is teed so low and he hits it like an iron with a decsending blow so not getting anywhere near the sweet spot. Worse that one of the illegal Cobra's back in the day, loud and tinny, makes you want to be elsewhere when he hits it :poop:
I've got a SIM Max and it is really quiet - doesn't have a metallic/tinny sound at all. I'm not a fan of the club and use my old SLDR instead but the last description of the sound the SIM makes is tinny.

D

Deleted member 29109

My sim is more of a thud than a ting. It sounds much more muted than a lot of other drivers. Even if I hit a distance ball with it.

sunshine

Visit site
I've got a SIM Max and it is really quiet - doesn't have a metallic/tinny sound at all. I'm not a fan of the club and use my old SLDR instead but the last description of the sound the SIM makes is tinny.

My sim is more of a thud than a ting. It sounds much more muted than a lot of other drivers. Even if I hit a distance ball with it.

I also have a SIM Max. I concur with the guys above - It has the least tinny sound / feel of any driver I've ever hit.