Driver for under £100

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ask Medwayjohn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Drivers I was considering were Hippo Hex, Ram Qub3, Cobra F-Speed or Cleveland Hibore. What do you think?

Your answer is in the question. Heres why:

Cobra are owned by Titleist so you have a pedigree there, the F-speed LD is a complete thug in bag. I love mine even though it sounds minging.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree that the DD6 is a good club. My vote is always for the MD Superstrong EQL at that price level.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Every club in my bag (except putter) is Cobra so perhaps I am biased here.

Ram Qub - Great Aldila shaft & golf pride grip, limited workability and not particularly long.

***** Edited by Golf Monthly: An excellent thread guys but a small section deleted due to derogatory comment.*****

Cleveland hibore - Not the most forgiving of clubs but good ball strikers will be rewarded with excellent distance & workability.

I still say buy the F-Speed.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not convinced with the new shaped drivers. Have tried a hippo hex and and integra I_Drive and found them both short and no more forgiving than any other driver (and the Hippo was the HL version). As a person who had all sorts of problems with my driver, I settled on an Orka Kii (above the given price range) but have tried my wife's EQL and would certainly buy one above the Hex and above any of the cheaper square drivers that I have tried. As to the Cobra drivers, nearly bought an M Speed but the noise was just too much.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
1) the 8.5 is cheap 'cause no-one in their right mind (normal h'cap players) would buy it. There are 100s of cheap drivers online, nearly all are left hand or low loft. Stay well clear.
2) I'm not a fan of Ram stuff, even though I think Tommy Armour irons/clubs were from the same stable. Compared to the real cheap stuff, Ram is going to be a step up, but still....no....
3) Cobra.....(here we go), hard to beat.
4) Cleveland...hmm....could be a good buy, in 10.5 minimum the Fujikura is a quality shaft (absolutely love it in my Taylor Made) and love 'em or hate 'em I reckon it's quality kit.

How about the "old" Benross V5 or Callaway FT-3 (if there's any left) MD, of course.

Dave

1underpar

Visit site
Yes because everyone has only good things to say about the F-Speed, but as I have quite a slow swing would it really suit me? I'm not sure. The QUB3 has a quality shaft and (in my opinion)looks good. But as you say Ram isn't really a make I would be too keen on.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
If the F-speed is fpr a faster swing than yours try to locate the M-Speed.

This Cobra 454 Comp I know of up for grabs is for the slower swing.

The MD club you have put the link up for is a fine club indeed. Value aswell, basically MD don't have loads of tour pro's to pay, they aren't a trendy brand hence lower pricing.

I still say buy Cobra, but remember I am biased!