Drinking on Public Course

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I prefer someone having a beer on the round to someone smoking. I hate getting the smell on my clothes and a face full of smoke. Unless someone's behaviour changes then I don't see the issue.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have no issue with it. I've never done it personally, primarily because I tend to play early in the morning! I did once stop for a pint half way round to let a slow group get away in front; it didn't work, we had caught them by the 13th!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played with a guy on one of our weekend's away who had a 10 pack of Strongbow and hip flask in his bag - his game got better as the round went on!!

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
The Brabazon at the Belfry sells beer etc in the halfway house by the tee box of the iconic 10th....'only' £6.75 for a can of Magners!! :mad:

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive regualry drank on the the top cours on gm top 100.from aged 15 always a bottle of lager n a swift whisky out my papas flask. Ive been blind drunk playing a texas scramble on a glasgow course ( got my ratio of coke n voddy round the wrong way) wit a laugh think i was a vice captain aswell.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I prefer someone having a beer on the round to someone smoking. I hate getting the smell on my clothes and a face full of smoke. Unless someone's behaviour changes then I don't see the issue.

I agree. Personally I wouldn't drink on the course but have no issue with anyone doing it provided they are sensible. Indeed we have a few in our Sunday roll up (and I think one does it in a comp as well) that will stop for a lager on the 9th each time.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Our halfway house sells it, our cart sells it.
If im having a poor round, I’m having a drink and holding the flag. If it’s a nice day and social knock I’ll get a can. Only £2.50.

One captains day at an old club involved shots on the first and the captain, and VC was riding round handing out beers keeping everyone well watered.

I had to have a snooze in the car park .

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would hope that drinking on public courses is banned like in most other public areas.

Private courses? Fill your boots if you want.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Maybe a little bit of perspective is missing... people don't have a binge-fest, they might, at most, have 2 or 3 cans. Is that really wrong? Occasionally, I'll have a can or 2 from the cart, and sometimes I won't. Occasionally 2 of my sons might have been in the 4 ball. Am I a poor role model? Don't be silly. They've seen me have a beer at home, and in the club, and in a pub. And they've seen me drink responsibly.... maybe I've been a good role model in those instances.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Of a winter I'll nearly always have a hip flask of something warming to hand... But, in the summer sooner just stick with water as neckin' beer from a bottle or tinnie just ain't for me...

Not fussed if others feel the need though...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Maybe a little bit of perspective is missing... people don't have a binge-fest, they might, at most, have 2 or 3 cans. Is that really wrong? Occasionally, I'll have a can or 2 from the cart, and sometimes I won't. Occasionally 2 of my sons might have been in the 4 ball. Am I a poor role model? Don't be silly. They've seen me have a beer at home, and in the club, and in a pub. And they've seen me drink responsibly.... maybe I've been a good role model in those instances.

Agree, I think some are mistaking drink for drunk!

Some even saying they 'don't have a problem with it' ! Thanks for that but really what kind of problem do you normally have when people consume fluids?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The summer I worked at Celtic Manor we had a party of 24 lads on tour... There was a hold up on the back 9 of the Monty so I went out in the buggy to investigate. Guy who was indeed utterly trashed had fallen over and broken his ankle. Several others were slurring badly by then! The following morning after a jolly good evening in the bar, only 9 of the 24 went out on the Roman Road... 3 had gone into Cardiff and not returned! (Think Nessa and loo brush perhaps?)

Yes, drink and drunk are quite different!:D

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nothing better than a nice cold beer on a sunny day on the golf course.
I can not understand why anyone would have an issue with it?