• No

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Only for Board competitions

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
We don't have any apart from Knock outs and was wondering what others did ? In NZ all our competitions were drawn and felt it helped with new members getting to know other members .

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Voted No as that applies to us 5-day members.
7-dayers do have drawn comps as do the Seniors. They have non-drawn comps too.

D

Deleted member 15344

Only Comp that is drawn is the club champs - loads of members said they wouldn’t enter drawn comps because they wanted to play with their friends. If the club has a good introduction process then you don’t need drawn comps to help introduce new members

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are place used to have them, but for some reason don't now. Personally I wish they would for all board comps.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The only downside I can see to drawn comps is the possibility of having to spend 4 or more hours with someone you really don't like.
The golf we play is supposed to be fun.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We do, all ours are except some weekday evening comps. I prefer it that way as you get to play with different people each week. Although they do seem to allow groups to play together most weeks as well, which is fine but as Imurg says sometimes you can end up getting stuck with people you don't like.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Although I have voted no it is not strictly true as the club itself does not but the senior and maybe the ladies sections do.

It is noticeable that when the seniors have one abut 10-15% of the normal field (100 players) for a seniors comp do not play in them.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only our knockout comps are drawn.

Like Kent I always wonder about the same people playing together in lots of competitions.

Not that they would deliberately cheat but familiarity often breeds contempt. If we are playing a bounce game with friends we all tend to be more lax than in a formal competition.

Interesting a lot of team 4 ball open competitions now split the team into 2 pairs to avoid and issues - perceived or otherwise.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Only pairs comps, scratch comps are drawn.
(Pairs drawn with other pairs)
I’d like to see majors drawn.
I would like to see all comps drawn but frankly it’s not going to be fun if your paired with a slow, miserable, moaning twunt three times a week.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Some of the bigger comps are, general medals you just book your tee time. A previous club, all comps were drawn, which I preferred, just signed up into the hour slot you wanted to play and the club did the rest.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
All ours are drawn, although you can specify a preferred time slot increasing the chances of playing with friends, although not guaranteed. Works really well in my view...helps new members integrate (as it did for me) and improves camaraderie of the club, as everyone gets to know everyone.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Garbage, give your head a shake! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't go as far as Ken, but there are potential issues - rules for example - if the same 4-ball play together week in and week out. We have 2 clubs at our place, our club have all comps drawn, the other doesn't. At the other club, there is always idle talk about certain groups. There may be nothing to it, but drawn comps would go a long way to stifle rumours. As another poster has said, a method can be devised to allow friends to play together.