Don't Pay UK

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Latest prediction is the January price cap will go over £4200:oops: Without going down the P word route this is clearly beyond taking the urine, yet no-one on any kind of power seems to want to do anyting about it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Latest prediction is the January price cap will go over £4200:oops: Without going down the P word route this is clearly beyond taking the urine, yet no-one on any kind of power seems to want to do anyting about it.
There are only a select one or two who can do anything about it and let’s not think or be told otherwise.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The CEO of OFGEM has advised the British public not to take part in the refusal to pay.
The CEO of OFGEM is Jonathan Brearley, who earns over £300,000 per year

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The CEO of OFGEM has advised the British public not to take part in the refusal to pay.
Funny that
I will continue to pay but only what i can afford, if that means cancelling my direct debit and paying slightly more then so ve it. Why should my family have to potentially choose not to eat over heating when these millionaire directors are just getting richer. The whole thing stinks.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

How much does his salary have to do with this? If he’s worked his way to the top fair play to the lad and I’m sure his salary reflects the pressures of his role.
I hate it when people have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to someone’s salary.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
How much does his salary have to do with this? If he’s worked his way to the top fair play to the lad and I’m sure his salary reflects the pressures of his role.
I hate it when people have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to someone’s salary.

Because his life will not be affected by this increase in energy bills.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
So you would rather the head of OFGEM be paid peanuts for his role? At least then he’ll feel the pinch as well ?

No, I'd expect him to do his job.

Ofgem is Great Britain’s independent energy regulator.

We work to protect energy consumers, especially vulnerable people, by ensuring they are treated fairly and benefit from a cleaner, greener environment.

We are responsible for:

• working with government, industry and consumer groups to deliver a net-zero economy, at the lowest cost to consumers
  • stamping out sharp and bad practice, ensuring fair treatment for all consumers, especially the vulnerable
  • enabling competition and innovation, which drives down prices and results in new products and services for consumers.
https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/about-us/our-role-and-responsibilities

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
No, I'd expect him to do his job.

Ofgem is Great Britain’s independent energy regulator.

We work to protect energy consumers, especially vulnerable people, by ensuring they are treated fairly and benefit from a cleaner, greener environment.

We are responsible for:

• working with government, industry and consumer groups to deliver a net-zero economy, at the lowest cost to consumers
  • stamping out sharp and bad practice, ensuring fair treatment for all consumers, especially the vulnerable
  • enabling competition and innovation, which drives down prices and results in new products and services for consumers.

And how do you know he is not trying his best to do those things?

Maybe apply for the job. I’m sure if you state you will do if for a much lower salary they will gladly have you.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I was going to ask how he is supposed to keep prices low when the product arriving at our shores is soaring in value by the day?

In March this year, oil was $119 a barrel and my fuel bill was £83.

Today, oil is $92 a barrel and my bill is 54% higher at £147 which I'm told will rise a further 78% in about 8 weeks to £262
Just in time for winter.
But we're told not to complain by people who won't be affected by this increase, described by Martin Lewis as ''catastrophic''
Why don't you look at your energy bill for last year and add 54%. Then take the new figure and add 78% and see what you'll pay in October.
And if you really want to have some fun you can add another 15% in January

greenone

Visit site
In March this year, oil was $119 a barrel and my fuel bill was £83.

Today, oil is $92 a barrel and my bill is 54% higher at £147 which I'm told will rise a further 78% in about 8 weeks to £262
Just in time for winter.
But we're told not to complain by people who won't be affected by this increase, described by Martin Lewis as ''catastrophic''
Why don't you look at your energy bill for last year and add 54%. Then take the new figure and add 78% and see what you'll pay in October.
And if you really want to have some fun you can add another 15% in January
Its not the oil price you need to look at for household energy bills its gas.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Pressures of his role, yea, yea, ?.
The point being made was the moral futility of someone doing very nicely, thank you, saying to someone desperate to make ends meet, through no fault of their own.
"!Don't rock my boat, there's a good chap"

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its not the oil price you need to look at for household energy bills its gas.

Ditto to this.

Last week Hinkley B Nuclear Electricity generator was taken off line for good. To replace what they generated all the gas fired generators are going to have to turn up production which means they will have to buy more gas.

Hinkley C will not come on line until 2027, at the earliest.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another obscene waste of money

Given the high probability we will will run out of gas sometime in the future (not in my life time probably) a wise investment as far as I am concerned.

There was a time when North Sea Gas produced enough for all our needs they now only produce 50%.