Does anyone have alignment sticks in the bag?

V

vkurup

As the title says, does anyone have alignment sticks in the bag? I had a look online, it is about 10 quid for 2 bits of plastic. I used to think my alignment was alright but played a few days ago with a mate who kept saying I was pointing left!!

Best options to get it? And please don't say there is a need for a 'fitting'

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
yep, I have them, never leave them in the bag when i play though because

A) i always think people carry them on the course to make them look 'good'
b) i once saw someones brand new titleist driver get scratched to bits as the pole had got up the headcover (yes i know you can buy the rubber caps before anyone comments)

I use them on the range all the time, great for ball position, alignment - loads of stuff. I often dig one about 3metres in front of me too, to practice hitting shots around it...

Worth the investment.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use them, got them for free a few years ago and I find them useful, leave them in the bag, can't be bothered to take them out, useful on the course and all, put my headcovers on them if it's raining

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a cheap set from eBay. As others have said they are good for range use on matts but if you're off grass then it can be a pain to continuously adjust them. They can be good for putting drills and also used as targets for pitching practice. If I could I'd get the ones that clamp at right angles to each other as I think this would be handy.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I use an old 3 wood shaft, it has the grip (shiny) still on so doesn't damage clubs in my bag, it can stick in the ground for plane or lie on the ground for alignment or putting aid. :thup:

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have them in the bag sometimes but never use them when on the practice ground. I also have a stretching pole which sometimes goes in too.
They knocked loads of shots of my handicap and would suggest any golfer wanting to improve gets some right away.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I use them on the range and practice ground at the club. I've a set that live in my locker at the club and another I chuck in the bag when I got to the range. Would never dream of carrying them onto the course.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have them in the bag sometimes but never use them when on the practice ground. I also have a stretching pole which sometimes goes in too.
They knocked loads of shots of my handicap and would suggest any golfer wanting to improve gets some right away.

I don't understand. How have they knocked shots off your handicap if you never use them when on the practice ground? And what is a stretching pole?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just lay a club from your bag on the ground to use as an alignment aid. Have used this method for 25 years. However, I can see that they would be useful for sticking in the ground if you are trying to get your club onto a certain plane in the back/down swing.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

I don't understand. How have they knocked shots off your handicap if you never use them when on the practice ground? And what is a stretching pole?

What bait are you using today Swinger. You seem to be doing well :smirk:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

do I detect a hint of sarcasm...........love it:clap:

V

vkurup

I too have a stretching pole... but the label read 'PGA ball retriever'... goes about 10ft and save a few balls

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Alignment sticks in the bag? Erm, no thanks. An iron shaft works just as well, and if you're careless enough to hit a shaft on the ground then, well.......

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yep I have them in the bag so those who feel they are above it feel free to ridicule (really is quite tireless how much of this goes on on this forum just because its not how you do things)

Personally prefer not to have my clubs on the ground when practising, especially when its wet, also use them stuck in the ground, mainly to make sure I rotate my hips rather than sliding them. But hey, I obviously got ripped off paying £6 for them

V

vkurup

Yep I have them in the bag so those who feel they are above it feel free to ridicule (really is quite tireless how much of this goes on on this forum just because its not how you do things)

Personally prefer not to have my clubs on the ground when practising, especially when its wet, also use them stuck in the ground, mainly to make sure I rotate my hips rather than sliding them. But hey, I obviously got ripped off paying £6 for them

With you on this mate.. no shame.. BTW where did you get it at that price.

Also I noticed, they do come in different lengths... so wondering which one to go for.
Currently this looks like winning, as it also comes in a plastic tube.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007CCAUZY but a wee bit expensive.

Maybe I should put my v-easy in the bag instead... Bob.. calling Bob