Review: Edel Putters

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
This is a bit of a follow on from my Ross Jackson fitting post. I’ve had 5 games with my new Edel putter now and I have to say the results have been fantastic.

To recap on the fitting in more detail. They stick a laser pointer in the hole and put a ball in its path at the other end. They then stuck a mirror on my Scotty Cameron and asked me to line up the ball to the hole. They then removed the ball and my putter reflected the laser off the back wall, left and about 5ft high. Each head can influence your left to right alignment as well as height.

It was then time to do the same with all 5 of there putter heads to get the laser to point back over the hole approx 1ft above it. After choosing the 2 closest heads it was time to try the different necks to improve the line further. After that they add different lines to the back of the putter which again can change to putter alignment left or right. I went for know lines as this allowed me to focus on the clubhead better.

The last bit was distance dispersion and they used different weights in the heel of the putter and in the handle to ensure my swing to the ball kept it on target and that the distance was consistent. At first I was variable in length but moving the handle weight down tightened this up for me.

Having got the putter I was actually booked in on some new courses with quite fast undulation greens and the putter felt fiery off the face in comparison to my scotty but the line was fantastic with it.

I’ve now played 2 more games on my home course where I’m more familiar with the pace and I have to say the results are outstanding! Anything within 8ft is going in 8 or 9 times out of 10 and my mate said that whist being a reasonable putter to start with, there is a huge improvement with the nee stick. It might be a honeymoon period but I’m instantly more confident with it.

My conclusion is that you could get the fitter to use the laser and mirror on more marketed brands out there to select one from a range and the price of these putters are certainly at the premium end but this is the biggest improvement I’ve seen from any fitting so far. In my opinion they are worth the money as they are still cheaper than top drivers and are the most used club in the bag. So far it has been a huge contributor to winning 4 matches out of 5 so far.

Teebs

Visit site
Great follow up.
I've messaged them and I will pop in when next in the area - be interesting to have a chat and see what they can do for me, I've asked them about helping with left eye dominance but I will need to see for myself..

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This is a bit of a follow on from my Ross Jackson fitting post. I’ve had 5 games with my new Edel putter now and I have to say the results have been fantastic.

To recap on the fitting in more detail. They stick a laser pointer in the hole and put a ball in its path at the other end. They then stuck a mirror on my Scotty Cameron and asked me to line up the ball to the hole. They then removed the ball and my putter reflected the laser off the back wall, left and about 5ft high. Each head can influence your left to right alignment as well as height.

It was then time to do the same with all 5 of there putter heads to get the laser to point back over the hole approx 1ft above it. After choosing the 2 closest heads it was time to try the different necks to improve the line further. After that they add different lines to the back of the putter which again can change to putter alignment left or right. I went for know lines as this allowed me to focus on the clubhead better.

The last bit was distance dispersion and they used different weights in the heel of the putter and in the handle to ensure my swing to the ball kept it on target and that the distance was consistent. At first I was variable in length but moving the handle weight down tightened this up for me.

Having got the putter I was actually booked in on some new courses with quite fast undulation greens and the putter felt fiery off the face in comparison to my scotty but the line was fantastic with it.

I’ve now played 2 more games on my home course where I’m more familiar with the pace and I have to say the results are outstanding! Anything within 8ft is going in 8 or 9 times out of 10 and my mate said that whist being a reasonable putter to start with, there is a huge improvement with the nee stick. It might be a honeymoon period but I’m instantly more confident with it.

My conclusion is that you could get the fitter to use the laser and mirror on more marketed brands out there to select one from a range and the price of these putters are certainly at the premium end but this is the biggest improvement I’ve seen from any fitting so far. In my opinion they are worth the money as they are still cheaper than top drivers and are the most used club in the bag. So far it has been a huge contributor to winning 4 matches out of 5 so far.
PGAT pros are 50% make from 8'.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Perhaps the greens are piss easy at Jigger's course. :p
Haha admittedly most 8’ ones were a cup outside but you know when you have something in your hands that’s making you much more accurate. I will add that I’ve probably had my scotty for over 10years so I’m not bad with it generally.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Appreciate it won’t last but I nailed about 7 from 6 to 8 feet. All longer ones, excluding 3 duffs over 5 games have been on intended line (inc. misses) and perfect for distance on my home course greens.

When I got fitted I was amazed at how much difference it made to my aim and when they stuck the laser jobbie to my existing putter it clearly showed how off I was. Obviously I don't make every putt with the Edel and I still need to work on distance control which is my weakness however the one thing I do know is that every putt I hit is going in the direction that I mean it to. After that it's all down to human error in speed and having picked the right line.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
When I got fitted I was amazed at how much difference it made to my aim and when they stuck the laser jobbie to my existing putter it clearly showed how off I was. Obviously I don't make every putt with the Edel and I still need to work on distance control which is my weakness however the one thing I do know is that every putt I hit is going in the direction that I mean it to. After that it's all down to human error in speed and having picked the right line.
Yes absolutely. Our greens are a little slower than some but still a nice pace so I am having to get used to it firing quicker at other places but only 5 games in. It’s about eliminating 3 putts ate amateur level and I feel like 2 putt at worse right now.