Do you trust your Pro?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't agree.
In my opinion, it's about trust.
The clue is in the title and in the article you linked to....

"extensive, deliberate and deeply wounding to those who put their trust in you."

As a 10 year old boy sitting at Sunday school, with the vicars hand up my shorts, I know how it feels when someone betrays your trust and when push came to shove, my parents believed the vicar rather than me because they trusted him and ''the vicar would never do that''.
Over 50 years ago and the memory still lingers.

What this one pro did was wrong but at least he was caught and put in jail, many wrongdoers aren't.

Maybe we should add scout leaders to the list.
Not asking for a friend!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
There are bad apples in every walk of life, to tarnish everyone with the same brush is wrong and dangerous.

As an ex scout leader I can confirm that great strides have been taken in safeguarding training to try and ensure that every person in scouting is safe.

However it has to work both ways, a good friend who worked as a youth leader in a youth club was accused by a teenage boy of inappropriate behaviour even though he had never been in a 1 to 1 situation with the boy and there were no witnesses for or against.

Quite rightly he was suspended pending the outcome
It took 18 months for the case to be thrown out, by which time he had retrained and Changed career path totally, a real loss, but the system totally let him down.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Green fees are a definite target for 'skimming', especially if the golfer is in a hurry and doesn't want to wait for his green fee ticket. Nothing goes through the till and no ticket issued. Buggy hire too. Again, nothing rung through the till.
One ''missed'' green fee and buggy per day and that's £50-60 tax free cash in the pocket.
But it sounds as if this guy got greedy and was doing this every day, 7 days a week for 5 years.
The man must have had a lot of bling