Do you still carry cash?

Do you carry cash or are you cashless now

• Total voters

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Following a series of posts on another thread, who still carries cash, who never has cash, who only carries an emergency £5/£10?

For me, I don't carry cash at all now. Totally cashless. I don't find it a problem, no issues.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I sometimes acquire some cash by accident, but I generally do not make any effort to have any cash. You mostly don't need it for anything. Tap card or phone for 99% of purchases. If I'm getting my haircut I have to take 20 quid out of the cashpoint that's two shops down. Hairdressers and kebab shops seem to be the only guys still asking for cash. (And roll-ups. ;) )

Reactions: sjw

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I usually have ten/twenty quid knocking about my person for emergency purposes, along with a bag of loose change for when we play skins or have casual side bets during our round.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a tenner in my wallet and a bag of £1 coins in my golf bag for 2s and bits for the various rollups. Also have some change in the car for parking if needed.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Always got cash in wallet, usually the 'float' will be around £30-£40. Currently about £100 in there (had extra for staying away last weekend) but I actually don't spend very much money during the week, so I might not even open the wallet for several days

9 out of 10 times I still pay for my petrol in cash too

PaulMdj

Visit site
I sometimes acquire some cash by accident, but I generally do not make any effort to have any cash. You mostly don't need it for anything. Tap card or phone for 99% of purchases. If I'm getting my haircut I have to take 20 quid out of the cashpoint that's two shops down. Hairdressers and kebab shops seem to be the only guys still asking for cash. (And roll-ups. ;) )
Isn’t that called theft?😂

PaulMdj

Visit site
Have my phone in a case with Bank Card and £20 note for emergency.
Plenty of change in Golf bag.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a tenner in my wallet and a bag of £1 coins in my golf bag for 2s and bits for the various rollups. Also have some change in the car for parking if needed.
Is there an option for paying for parking by an app or is there still some parking by you that has to be cash? I haven't put cash in a car park machine for some time now.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Only those who are evading paying tax!

3 jabber

Visit site
Keep a bag of coins in the car for parking and rollups. Really not difficult to keep it topped up despite what some people say. I'd rather pop to a bank or get cashback once every 6 months so I can join rollups and make friends than be Billy nomates 🤣

D-S

Visit site
I now use my phone 100% of the time but have a card wallet in case which has 20 quid ir so clipped to it. Haven’t used the cash for a good year or so, maybe more and can’t remeber the last time I used a card but difficult just to go out with just the phone but might make the leap soon.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Only time I need cash is for the Chinese Takeaway......often need to go to the cashpoint before picking it up....
That's it, maybe a fiver in the wallet..

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only place I have any cash is the change pot that is the kids pocket money , when they earn coins

And my golf wallet has couple of £5 notes for the swindles

Rest cashless

Wife has couple of notes for tips when we go for dinner