Do you need a big boot?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Currently have an Octavia, and it swallows most things.

Potentially looking to change to a Karoq, and although the boot is a teeny bit smaller, it should be fine. I had a VW Golf demo car, and managed to get my trolley and a bad in the boot (removing the woods), so it can be done!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's all about the width.

I have a 2nd car shorter than a smart, but I can get a trolley bag with driver in sideways without issue.
Previously I had a fiat multipla which was the same length as a focus but could fit 4 adults, bags and trolleys without removing a single driver...

sunshine

Visit site
Agree it's all about the width.

Once hired a focus estate on holiday. and we were able to fit 4 stand bags in the boot. Was very impressed.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Audi A6 Avant is absolutely perfect for golf travel!!

I cant recommend it highly enough, huge boot and loads of space in the car too.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think a lot of car manufacturers are missing a trick by not making their boots just a couple of inches wider, by removing unnecessary bulky panels. As pointed out in post 41.

sunshine

Visit site
I have the golf r hatchback at the moment so looking for something a little bit bigger and the Skoda comes in a bit cheaper which is always nice. Not sure if the Skoda is any bigger as I haven't checked but fancy something different this time.

It would be a dereliction of duty if VW made a Golf that didn't fit a set of clubs in the boot!

My first three cars were all Golfs (mark II,III, IV) and never had any issues.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With car a Pegeuot 308 estate.

I have never really had so much stuff that it not fit in with the rear seats folded down.

With two of us travelling to a course it happily takes my Grass Hopper buggy, an electric trolley a couple of sets of clubs and loads of ancillary stuff. Would probably easily take another two sets of clubs for others travellling in another car. I still miss my 800 series because I used it all the time with the 3rd row of seats removed and it would take everything with out the need to turn it in to a 2 seater.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Seat Leon - boot is too narrow :(

I can fit my cart bag, M3 Pro trolley and shoes in the boot, but I do end up taking out of the bag the longer clubs.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It would be a dereliction of duty if VW made a Golf that didn't fit a set of clubs in the boot!

My first three cars were all Golfs (mark II,III, IV) and never had any issues.
They fit if i take out the woods. The issue with the Golf R is that it is 4WD so the boot is slightly smaller as the floor is raised up to hold the 4wd system.

sunshine

Visit site
They fit if i take out the woods. The issue with the Golf R is that it is 4WD so the boot is slightly smaller as the floor is raised up to hold the 4wd system.

If the woods don't fit they should call it the VW Pitch&Putt.

Mind you, ive never been able to fit a horse in a Vw Polo.