Do you need a big boot?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have a Skoda superb, huge boot but I still need to remove my driver to fit my cart bag in. My sons stand bag fits without the driver needing to be removed. Cart bags definitely take up more space.

Bit drastic to change your car, just try it without the driver in the bag, lay it cross ways on top of your bag and trolley.

Do you keep them side panels still in, near the indicators?

I took mine out early doors, and I can get a big cart bag with driver in, as well as my motocaddy in, all on the one level, as well as the battery, few pairs of shoes etc

If I've got 3 or 4 of us going to an open, you can get 4 stand bags in if you take the drivers out and lay them across the top as well.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Volkswagen Touerag for me, great machine, can fit 3 trolleys with bags in the boot no bother.
Getting a new car in March, still unsure what it will be though.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My Kia Ceed Sportswagon has a voluminous boot , just chuck everything in, but having done 115k miles in it, it’s on the list for replacement so looking at this thread with interest, next car will be a hybrid, so boot v battery size is critical

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I assume your Superb is not the estate - I just chuck my bag straight in, driver and all, and it stays there until the next time I play.
Yes, you are right mine is the hatchback. It is plenty big enough and removing the driver only is not really a hardship.. it could fit diagonally but then it gets awkward with my trolley. I don't want to spend 10 minutes loading the boot carefully, just chuck it in ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you keep them side panels still in, near the indicators?

I took mine out early doors, and I can get a big cart bag with driver in, as well as my motocaddy in, all on the one level, as well as the battery, few pairs of shoes etc

If I've got 3 or 4 of us going to an open, you can get 4 stand bags in if you take the drivers out and lay them across the top as well.
Never thought of that ?. I'll give that a go ?

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a Mazda CX5 - boot space is ok; can fit an electric trolley and clubs in the back at a squeeze with the longer clubs removed from the bag and placed on top.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Ooh! Which model(s)?
Mine was a rather modest 350i, but even that was a bit of a beast...
I guess you must be a bit younger than me. My TVR days pre-date the V8s. I had a Taimar (great fun but had a roof) and then a Tasmin roadster.
I used to really like convertibles - there's something about open air motoring that somehow defuses any feelings of road rage. I think not being cooped up in a box makes you more tolerant.
But that was all years ago now. The last sporty car I has was a Celica GT4 - kids and family life put a stop to all that!

RangeMonkey

Visit site
I guess you must be a bit younger than me. My TVR days pre-date the V8s. I had a Taimar (great fun but had a roof) and then a Tasmin roadster.
I used to really like convertibles - there's something about open air motoring that somehow defuses any feelings of road rage. I think not being cooped up in a box makes you more tolerant.
But that was all years ago now. The last sporty car I has was a Celica GT4 - kids and family life put a stop to all that!
The 350i is a Tasmin, not the newer 350c.

sunshine

Visit site
I got rid of my aventador, couldn't fit the clubs in it so it was a waste having it. Very happy with the Urus now, loads of boot space.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a Superb for three years and the capacity was exceptional when when going mob-handed.

Finished working in April when car lease came to an end. Wasn't doing the mileage so new car I chose was a fully loaded Astra. Titchy boot but here's the thing, oddly the Astra is better for me when on my own as it's just a lot easier and I don't have to stretch far into the boot to lift stuff in and out. It takes an electric trolley, bag, shoes and battery but I have to remove long clubs from bag and squeeze them into the boot separately or throw them on the back seat.

In three years I never dropped the Superb's back seats once but on a two-man trip in the Astra had to drop the seats and remove the back parcel shelf.

In other news the build quality of the Skoda dances all over the Astra with hobnailed boots. As a motorist I still miss my Superb but as a week-in-week-out club golfer then I prefer the Astra.

Last edited:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I can get my Motocaddy S7 remote, plus a cart bag in the boot of my Z4, and still be able to put the roof down (2006 cloth roof, none of this tin top rubbish). It is a bit of a Krypton factor exercise though. A carry bag goes in no trouble.

There are no such issues in my CLS shooting brake, but the boot could be wider. I guess I could take the side liners out. Not sure what they do anyway.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My car needs to perform another function before the size of the boot and the fit for golf clubs kicks in
Don't think I've ever had a car that's fitted all my gear in without taking the woods out.
Current car I actually have to take the head off the driver to get it in:LOL:
But it all goes in...