Devastating (ish) ? new driver required

WGCRider

Visit site
I been to Precision a few times and can 't speak highly enough about them and the service. You do get what you pay for. Twice they even sent me away without selling me anything telling me my current gear is fine. In my view what you get from them is the best equipment for you - no matter your standard.

My current driver is from Precision. All told it cost me about £600 for a Ping driver. What I got was a top class fitting, a non manufacturer shaft and then plenty of help dialing in the settings. My driver is 4 years old now and I've not found one I hit better.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most modern drivers are really good.
But the most important thing imo of course is the shaft and how it deliveres the head to the ball with your swing characteristic.
So don’t discount anything.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sim 2 - a great driver available at quite a discount now, must be best value for money if it suits you

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My driver head broke at the weekend. While on the one hand, this is a little sad as although we’ve had our ups and downs, she’s been a trusty old girl, on the other hand I’m bloomin’ chuffed as I can go out and buy something new and shiny completely guilt free. The outgoing head is an R15, so I’ve had a good 6 years out of it.

There are a couple I want to try....

TM Stealth
TM Sim 2
The latest ping
The latest callaway

Are there any others I should try? Will try and find a fitting centre that stocks all of them, as I’m Kent based, west malling looks an option, and maybe west Kent.

Any others worth looking at? Don’t want the precision golf level of detail, but want a good range of shafts to try.

I bought a Cobra Radspeed from Bruce at Sene Valley Golf Club. He did a good fitting on the indoor monitor as well a few drives on the 1st and 3rd tees to check it in real life. I tested 5 different makes and a few shafts. I'm not a member there but the service was spot on

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I bought a Mizuno ST190 a couple of years ago and it’s excellent. Worth trying whatever model is available now and they tend to be a little cheaper than some of the other brands.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A friend has lent me his old driver until I can get a new one, a Nike Vapor Fly with a regular shaft.

It was interesting how different that felt compared to my R15 with a matrix white tie shaft. I’m sure that sounds stupid / blindingly obvious, but as someone that’s used the same driver for 6 years and the same shaft for c8 years (switched out an RBZ2 head for the R15), it was surprising to me just how different a driver could feel.

Even more excited to try as many possibilities as I can now ?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
@Canary_Yellow

May not be relevant & maybe depending on how old you are?

A Tour Edge fitting centre just opened near me and not knowing much about the brand I popped in to check out their wedges. Couldn’t help notice the range of drivers and impressed with the look and build quality
A quick google and it seems a few on the Champions Tour are signed up for these drivers including Langer

Might be worth adding to your test list

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Tour Edge always get praise from TXG, and that would suggest they're worth a look.