TaylorMade Driver fitting West Hill

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Third round in anger today with it and first at home course, scored 40 points hit 11 out 14 fairways and definitely longer than old 913.
Was averaging around the 245 mark and best of the day was on our 12th which is severe dog leg left and the big boys go over the trees, went for a smooth swing making sure I was hitting up on the ball and it sailed over the trees landing 2 yards from the green , something I never done in 4 years of playing there.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Third round in anger today with it and first at home course, scored 40 points hit 11 out 14 fairways and definitely longer than old 913.
Was averaging around the 245 mark and best of the day was on our 12th which is severe dog leg left and the big boys go over the trees, went for a smooth swing making sure I was hitting up on the ball and it sailed over the trees landing 2 yards from the green , something I never done in 4 years of playing there.

Happy days and sounds like a perfect fit. Getting it on the short grass regularly and having confidence on the tee makes such a difference to scoring well

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mate obviously your a decent player with the handicap you have, what do you think the main difference is for you with this club ? Do you feel more confident ? Are you just swinging well ? Do you think the fitting is a major part in regards to confidence ?

Sorry for all the questions, just interested. Well done for your 40 pts mate.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the biggest difference is that I've gone from a 9.5 driver to a 12 and it does seem to be so easy to hit, like a big 3 wood . Feel now I just set up to the ball, aim just right of target line and swing easy. Two of the fairways I missed today was when I went for a bit more distance.

Think more confident now as I trust the fitting, and I have in the back of my mind the balls I hit with it at the fitting.

The fitter did say I was a bit of a challenge as I hit my old 913 well, all be it with a low ball flight and when he thought he'd got it right for me a further tweak made it even better. On today's drives not tempted to tinker with the settings where as with my old 913 which I wasn't fitted for I was always tinkering .