Darren Clarke SS

G

guest100718

He's currently 151st on average drive statistics on the european Tour out of 186 players. So by tour standards he's actually very short.

an average of 280 is not short by anyones standards. you explanation is very misleading and makes no change to the fact he hits the ball a long way.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
If golf swings were measured in how pretty and natural they were he would be on tour!

Bit less pretty recently with his quest for 350, but Pete's stock swing is so good to watch. There are few golf swings better to watch than Pete Finch hitting a 1-iron. He it one on the Renaissance Vlog that is one of the purest shots I've ever seen. Love his swing.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
an average of 280 is not short by anyones standards. you explanation is very misleading and makes no change to the fact he hits the ball a long way.

Depends who you are comparing him to?

It is 100% a fact that when comparing him to his peers he is short. Just because he knocks it past the average amateur doesnt make him long.

G

guest100718

Depends who you are comparing him to?

It is 100% a fact that when comparing him to his peers he is short. Just because he knocks it past the average amateur doesnt make him long.

you believe whatever you like

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
you believe whatever you like

LiverpoolPhil, is that you?? Paddy, Mendie is spot on with his comment. Compared to tour pro's darren clarke at 151 out of 180 is stone cold fact that he is not a long hitter compared to his fellow pros. Not sure how you can argue that??!

G

guest100718

LiverpoolPhil, is that you?? Paddy, Mendie is spot on with his comment. Compared to tour pro's darren clarke at 151 out of 180 is stone cold fact that he is not a long hitter compared to his fellow pros. Not sure how you can argue that??!

My OP said I had followed DC around many times and he hits the ball a long way,which he does. How a long driver stacks up against even longer drivers is not relevant.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
My OP said I had followed DC around many times and he hits the ball a long way,which he does. How a long driver stacks up against even longer drivers is not relevant.

Well it is relevant when it was stated compared to his peers he is not a long hitter. That's it, nothing more, no one saying he is short or anything. Just compared to his fellow pga pros he is not a long hitter! How is that difficult to understand??

D

Deleted member 15344

Oiiiii !! I resemble that remark 😮

Oh and Clarke isn't a big hitter within the Pro ranks

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The point in my post and something I mentioned later on was Clarke was an avg 112mph before so def not a big hitter.

Recently though due to his weight loss he gained another 5pmh taking him to 117mph

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
The point in my post and something I mentioned later on was Clarke was an avg 112mph before so def not a big hitter.

Recently though due to his weight loss he gained another 5pmh taking him to 117mph

Its a huge gain, it may not sound like it but its big. If his smash followed then he gained (i think) 10 mph ball speed and (i think) that's 20 yards?!