Darren Clarke - Ryder Cup Captain

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not earth shattering news but I wish Darren well in his tenure. Still think he's on a bit of a hiding to nothing this time around in the US and I have a feeling Europe will run into a US juggernaut. I hope I'm wrong and would love nothing more than to see the Yanks spanked at home. I'm sure he'll leave no stone unturned and will be as meticulous as McGinley. Go get 'em Darren

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Clarke should make a very good captain. Isn't it about creating an environment for the players to excel and then getting out of their way?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Why did they hold the meetings at Wentworth?

I believe its overpriced, not that great, the biscuits are rubbish and the coffee caddy is so hard to use.

Woburn, Swinley are miles better and good VFM, and they have a tea lady.;)

'Cos that's where the Europen Tour is based - in another building around the back, with their own (secure-ish) car park!

And yes, I know it was a p-take. Just not a very good one! :whistle:

Good appointment of Clarke though!

D

Deleted member 15344

So the US have ignored the likes of Couples and gone back to Davis Love

Over the last couple of years he at least seemed to have them playing as a team together

Think its a good appointment for them and will make it a close game

The captains have a very strong friendship which will be interesting to see how they react together

Certainly see it being a friendlier RC and with less issues from the US side

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the US have ignored the likes of Couples and gone back to Davis Love

Over the last couple of years he at least seemed to have them playing as a team together

Think its a good appointment for them and will make it a close game

The captains have a very strong friendship which will be interesting to see how they react together

Certainly see it being a friendlier RC and with less issues from the US side

Surely the crowd will still be as moronic though. The players themselves are fairly pally these days with the odd contretemps. Its not like the old days when the likes of Seve, Azinger, Floyd and Wadkins were playing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This will be a pumped up and far more together US team this time and I think Europe will have a very hard time winning again which is a little sad for Clarke. Naturally I hope I'm wrong but think this will be a chance for Love to exorcise the ghosts of Medinah