Cure putters. Anyone tried one?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
A further update. What this putter has done for me more than anything else is to illustrate what a crap green reader I am. Every putt today went exactly where I aimed and a total of one of any length went in. Most of the missed holeable putts missed on the high side. Perhaps if the greens had been running faster some would have gone in.

However, removing one variable from the equation, i.e. missh1tting, will help considerably with practice in green reading when the weather improves & our practice putting green is reopened.

I honestly think that, in the past, I've holed putts by lining them up wrong & then missh1tting them!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A further update. What this putter has done for me more than anything else is to illustrate what a crap green reader I am. Every putt today went exactly where I aimed and a total of one of any length went in. Most of the missed holeable putts missed on the high side. Perhaps if the greens had been running faster some would have gone in.

However, removing one variable from the equation, i.e. missh1tting, will help considerably with practice in green reading when the weather improves & our practice putting green is reopened.

I honestly think that, in the past, I've holed putts by lining them up wrong & then missh1tting them!

I've used mine for 3 rounds now and i feel i get to the cup more often and, no, like you MIB, not much has dropped, but I feel that when the greens improve the better roll that the putter imparts should pay dividends. I played Littlestone, an Open Qualifier course known to many here and I only 3 putted once.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've used mine for 3 rounds now and i feel i get to the cup more often and, no, like you MIB, not much has dropped, but I feel that when the greens improve the better roll that the putter imparts should pay dividends. I played Littlestone, an Open Qualifier course known to many here and I only 3 putted once.

How many 4&5 putts tho ? ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Remain unconvinced and can't get past the looks. I'm the same with the Evnroll offerings. However as putting is so personal, just because I don't rate them doesn't mean the next guy won't drain putts from everywhere. I think it's difficult to be totally subjective putting on winter greens. I would want to putt when the greens are running smoother and at a better speed

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Remain unconvinced and can't get past the looks. I'm the same with the Evnroll offerings. However as putting is so personal, just because I don't rate them doesn't mean the next guy won't drain putts from everywhere. I think it's difficult to be totally subjective putting on winter greens. I would want to putt when the greens are running smoother and at a better speed

Have you tired either ?

Our golf shop doesn't stock either brand unfortunately.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tried both the ER1 and 2 but they simply didn't suit my eye. Tried the CX1 and RX3 (all they had) but again didn't like the style. Had a "odd" feel, hard to quantify in words but feedback off the face I didn't like

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I go to AG I often try a whole host of putters, often picking them up without seeing the brand. It's fun to do and means you try with a clear mind. The Evnroll putter is consistently the one that feels the nicest off the face, the nicest balance. I personally don't mind the looks.

All very personal of course. I've yet to see one of the Cure putters but looking forward to seeing MiB during the season.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

So you go for looks over results?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tried both the ER1 and 2 but they simply didn't suit my eye. Tried the CX1 and RX3 (all they had) but again didn't like the style. Had a "odd" feel, hard to quantify in words but feedback off the face I didn't like

Where did you try them? I couldn’t find a stockist. I bought an evnroll because I could have a roll first. They are pretty normal looking

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’ve not seen cure putters anywhere. Is it an artificial putting green at silvermere, out the front?

That's the one. Both had a gazebo on the artificial putting green in front of the shop. Was in there a month or so ago and I have to be honest I don't recall the Cure ones being there. They had Evnroll. Do you know if Cure have had distribution issues? I assume they aren't made in the UK. Not seen them other than a Saturday at Silvermere

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
They’re American. They’re imported by someone nr Hull, I checked them out because I fancied one, not the fugly ones. But the only place that sold them nr me was Hertfordshire somewhere.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That's the one. Both had a gazebo on the artificial putting green in front of the shop. Was in there a month or so ago and I have to be honest I don't recall the Cure ones being there. They had Evnroll. Do you know if Cure have had distribution issues? I assume they aren't made in the UK. Not seen them other than a Saturday at Silvermere

Silvermere are not an authorised stockist, we have only 1 stockist in the Midlands and I’m sure there’s only 2 in the south, why would Silvermere have any to try?

D

Deleted member 1740

Silvermere are not an authorised stockist, we have only 1 stockist in the Midlands and I’m sure there’s only 2 in the south, why would Silvermere have any to try?

They never. No doubt Homer is telling porkies on this.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
My mate, who got me using Cure putters fancied one & rang Cure UK to find out where he could be fitted for one. The told him he'd need to travel 150 miles to his nearest stockist. They said that if he bought one online he could fit himself & if he didn't get on with it he could return it within a month for a refund. They sent him a shaft & two heads. When he later told them a friend was interested in one they sent him another shaft & weight kit. He ended up keeping the putter & loves it.