Cure putters. Anyone tried one?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Another great putting day today with nothing under 4 feet missed & some important longer ones holed. The putter inspires so much confidence - basically, if you read the putt right it usually goes in. I can't remember a putt recently when the ball didn't set off exactly where it was intended to go. And to think that if I hadn't managed to buy it so cheaply I would have never bought one.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
As a result of reading all these posts MIB I pulled the trigger on a new one on EBay yesterday. Let's just hope I get the same results as you!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
As a result of reading all these posts MIB I pulled the trigger on a new one on EBay yesterday. Let's just hope I get the same results as you!
£100? I've been watching a few just out of interest & it's amazing hop cheaply they go.

Like mine so much I'm getting ready to sell my other putters. I hope you find it as effective as I do. It has revolutionized my putting, I expect to hole everything under about 20 feet. I don't, but the misses rarely miss by much.

Please let everyone know how you get on. The people at Cure watch this thread.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
£100? I've been watching a few just out of interest & it's amazing hop cheaply they go.

Like mine so much I'm getting ready to sell my other putters. I hope you find it as effective as I do. It has revolutionized my putting, I expect to hole everything under about 20 feet. I don't, but the misses rarely miss by much.

Expecting your handicap to tumble since you can’t miss from 20 feet. Just an opinion but no putter could do that. You must have been a decent putter before.
I’ve had a look at them, bought an evnroll instead, I couldn’t find anywhere to try them.

They may be magic wands but they sure is ugly !!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

The guy won it apparently and it's never been used on a course. Cost £130 inc postage and it's the RX3 model

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think the RX range putters are things of beauty - physics and engineering combined. I like the RX3 but love my RX4. The CX range is more conventional, looks wise. I haven't had my hands on one (yet) but Jerry Kelly is using one to great effect. I would recommend anyone interested to contact Cure UK through their web site. Paul is very helpful and I could be persuaded to demo the RX3 and 4 to anyone in the Northumberland/Durham region

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I think the RX range putters are things of beauty - physics and engineering combined. I like the RX3 but love my RX4. The CX range is more conventional, looks wise. I haven't had my hands on one (yet) but Jerry Kelly is using one to great effect. I would recommend anyone interested to contact Cure UK through their web site. Paul is very helpful and I could be persuaded to demo the RX3 and 4 to anyone in the Northumberland/Durham region
You turned me on, Mr. Hip & I'll be eternally grateful.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Expecting your handicap to tumble since you can’t miss from 20 feet. Just an opinion but no putter could do that. You must have been a decent putter before.
I’ve had a look at them, bought an evnroll instead, I couldn’t find anywhere to try them.

They may be magic wands but they sure is ugly !!
I said "expect to". I miss most of them but never by very much. Read the putt correctly & it usually goes in. Think I've missed one 4 footer since I got it. Used to miss loads from 2 feet & less.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My RX3 arrived today, clearly never been raced or done a track day !

Unfortunately my senior manager didn't buy particularly putt friendly, upstairs carpets, and wood flooring downstairs is probably 92 on the stimp meter. Must dash to the course tomorrow to test it out!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
It finally happened, I hit one off line - & how! Had a 25 foot putt on our 13th. Read it correctly, about 4"left of hole. An opponent's ball was ahead of me, to the right of my line. "No need to mark it", I said, then proceed to hit the putt 3 feet off line to the right of the opponent's ball. In the words of Chris Kamara "unbelievable!". I'd been putting well up to that point & putted well afterwards. Can't explain what happened, except that my mind may have wandered as I was putting. Or maybe it buggered off completely.

I've currently got one putter on EBay & another going on today. No going back now.

Jon_T

Medal Winner
Visit site
On the strength of this thread I too bought an RX3 off eBay during the 20% off period and paid £89 for it. Well it is big and ugly but it does roll the ball well and after only the second time on course, I've just had a PB round off our back tees which included 4 birdies and they mainly came due to my putts dropping.
So I can only agree that although they are not the prettiest things to look at they get the job done perhaps better than what you have used before.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On the strength of this thread I too bought an RX3 off eBay during the 20% off period and paid £89 for it. Well it is big and ugly but it does roll the ball well and after only the second time on course, I've just had a PB round off our back tees which included 4 birdies and they mainly came due to my putts dropping.
So I can only agree that although they are not the prettiest things to look at they get the job done perhaps better than what you have used before.

Congrats on the PB. For me, the putter has to look good behind the ball and these don't for me sadly so I wouldn't want one. If it works for you that's all the matters Good bargain too

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Congrats on the PB. For me, the putter has to look good behind the ball and these don't for me sadly so I wouldn't want one. If it works for you that's all the matters Good bargain too

Look good - miss 2 makeable putts a round

Look awful - make 2 extra putts a round

Would you use one Homer?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Look good - miss 2 makeable putts a round

Look awful - make 2 extra putts a round

Would you use one Homer?
Homer wouldn’t use them, remember the saga with his g25s, that were too chunky to chip with, they didn’t suit his eye. He’s all about the aesthetics!!!
He is right though, they’re fugy, should have got an evnroll!!! :thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Homer wouldn’t use them, remember the saga with his g25s, that were too chunky to chip with, they didn’t suit his eye. He’s all about the aesthetics!!!
He is right though, they’re fugy, should have got an evnroll!!! :thup:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Nick.