Crazy Tee Positions

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

Wolf

Visit site
Would love to play something really quirky, the best I can do is the 1st hole at Bearsted is a par 3, played it in a junior county comp about 23years ago and we Tee'd off the top of a little brick built hut as an elevated tee. As a 15year old that was awesome but looking back didn't really add anything to the hole

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
Tees generally that bug me are those that point into the rough, trees or OB, often long rectangular ones. I find it difficult to align properly knowing I am aiming at an angle to the tee.
Probably just me 🤔

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
the 9th at Leeds Castle is blind down hill tee shot that then dog legs up hill to the left with a ditch running across the fairway. last time I played it I hit a 7 iron and needed flippers and a snorkel - admittedly I also needed flippers and a snorkel on the 6th!

its a shame as the 5th hole is probably my favourite hole I have played

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the 9th at Leeds Castle is blind down hill tee shot that then dog legs up hill to the left with a ditch running across the fairway. last time I played it I hit a 7 iron and needed flippers and a snorkel - admittedly I also needed flippers and a snorkel on the 6th!

its a shame as the 5th hole is probably my favourite hole I have played
But it's better now than before as a par3 to that green.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not a crazy tee but I played a course in the summer where the ladies tees were further back than the yellows. Not on all holes but some. Haven’t a clue why that was the case.

badgermat

Club Champion
Visit site
The 6th at Waitakere Golf Course near Auckland, NZ.

A short (125m) par 3 that tees off from the top of a boulder in the forest with a 10 or 15m drop to the green.

The 14th is similar, teeing off through a narrow gap from deep in the trees.

Worst part of both is that you're hitting from a mat.

bm

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At Nefyn, is that the one with the cliffs and sea on the right near the end of the round. I thought that was mental. You are going to aim left, right were the walking path is....... I liked Nefyn, but thought that hole was a shocker.

I think he's referring to the 2nd hole on the point (so the 11th?). We played there and had to send a lad up to have a recce at where the hole went! 2nd shot, we had walkers with kids stopping and pointing with a "look kids, lets watch this golfer" as they didn't get our "we are about to hit the very hard golf ball towards a green that you are stood directly in front of" waving...

Here's a couple of pics of the tee. Basically, aim down the path. Ish.

Attachments

• Nefyn 1.jpg
    Nefyn 1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 21
  • Nefyn 2.jpg
    Nefyn 2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 21
D

Deleted member 21258

I think he's referring to the 2nd hole on the point (so the 11th?). We played there and had to send a lad up to have a recce at where the hole went! 2nd shot, we had walkers with kids stopping and pointing with a "look kids, lets watch this golfer" as they didn't get our "we are about to hit the very hard golf ball towards a green that you are stood directly in front of" waving...

Here's a couple of pics of the tee. Basically, aim down the path. Ish.

I thought he was referring to the 8th(17th) tee(par 5).

The 2nd iirc was a par 3 (think they may have changed some of the layout on the point, think I remember reading that somewhere ?). Certainly don't remember the tee shot you have pictures of

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I thought he was referring to the 8th(17th) tee(par 5).

The 2nd iirc was a par 3 (think they may have changed some of the layout on the point, think I remember reading that somewhere ?). Certainly don't remember the tee shot you have pictures of

Just looked on the website, looks like they have changed it. IIRC there used to only be 8 holes on the point, not 9 like they now have. Everyone played 1-10 on the main course, then you split and either played the point or the newer holes in land. So when we played it (only about 5 or 6 years ago I think) it started with a par 4 down from next to the car park with 2nd shot back up a wall of grass to a then blind green and the next hole was a long par 4 from yellows, par 5 from whites. We only found out later that they'd put the yellows in my picture where the white tees normally are. The bit on the end of the path (where you can see my mate stood) has the normal yellow tee spot.

Either that or me and my mates have all gone fruit loop.

If they have changed it then it's probably for the better as that hole could be dangerous!

D

Deleted member 21258

The 1st is the same from how you describe it (wife does not have the 2nd shot to the 1st green in her bag to get over that wall of grass, we had a bit of a giggle at her climbing that slope to get her ball, shame as she hit the perfect drive to the bottom but just couldn't hit it over:giggle:)

They must have changed it, 2nd and 3rd were par 3s, then a par 4 3rd(great tee shot across the cliff/sea to a green in front of the coastguard tower) and the 4th was the par 3 from the coastguard tower

The 9th runs parallel to the 1st, just with the walking path now on your left, to just in front of the clubhouse.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Not a crazy tee but I played a course in the summer where the ladies tees were further back than the yellows. Not on all holes but some. Haven’t a clue why that was the case.

There's a hole like this on our course. For that hole it's because the hole is a par 5 for ladies and par 4 for men.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
3rd tee at Cabapino in Spain is pretty good, 300-ish metre par 4 where the tee is about 200ft above the green.

Also, there's a nine hole course about half an hour from me, where, on the Par 3 4th, you tee off between the arches of railway viaduct, which is a bit different. Headley Golf Club, last time I played it, the bloke that owned it also owned a lap dancing bar in Bradford. A proper entrepreneur I guess.

963459.jpg

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There's a hole like this on our course. For that hole it's because the hole is a par 5 for ladies and par 4 for men.

Oh I didn’t think of that. Maybe that’s what they’ve done.

Edit: After checking the website they have NOT changed the par for the ladies tees. Bizarre!

It must be like that on half the holes. http://www.dunninggolfclub.co.uk/the-course.php

Last edited: