Crazy range ball prices.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Think the range I use (not at my club) charges £7.50 for 120 balls....think its around £5.50 for 75 balls, £4 for 50 and £2.50 for 25 balls.

But if you get a range credit card and put £50 on it they actually credit it with £70. If you top up with £100 on it they give you £150 worth of credit.

Balls are reasonable quality Srixons. Range is well maintained, plenty of targets and a proper defined fairway.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
There's a few local to me - one is £6 for 100 balls, has plenty of targets, a handy laminated bit of paper giving distances to each from your bay and decent srixon balls.

Another is a fiver for 100 and off grass which is great for irons but the balls are in such bad nick I hate using my hybrids and woods as they scuff the faces.

The nearest toptracer range was/is £7.50 for 100 balls and an hour but if its quiet they'll give you longer if required. I enjoy this when the weather is rubbish as I enjoy the approach game etc. Can be a useful session.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I used the range at birchwood until they put in trackman - I don’t like it as the numbers are wrong and they’ve ramped the price up.
I now switch between pedham place (some top tracer bays) or chelsfield lakes (soon to be trackman) both are £8 for 100 balls but have happy hours where you 50% extra balls

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think the range I use (not at my club) charges £7.50 for 120 balls....think its around £5.50 for 75 balls, £4 for 50 and £2.50 for 25 balls.

But if you get a range credit card and put £50 on it they actually credit it with £70. If you top up with £100 on it they give you £150 worth of credit.

Balls are reasonable quality Srixons. Range is well maintained, plenty of targets and a proper defined fairway.

My previous club did similar but the range wasn’t flood lit or under cover so it was limited use, which was a shame.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After several years of visiting my local range, during lockdown, they decided that their 9 hole course AND the driving range would go "member only" 6,000 balls for £250 or £25 per month which is £10 membership and £15 of balls.

Much dearer than it's been for years and less balls for the money so I've given it a miss

Apparently the members only thing is being continued now that lockdown is relaxed! I ended up at Etchinghill the other day £5 for 75 balls.
We need to arrange another round soon.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Apparently the members only thing is being continued now that lockdown is relaxed! I ended up at Etchinghill the other day £5 for 75 balls.
We need to arrange another round soon.

I always understood it wasn't just a Covid arrangement and did 75 balls at Etchinghill on Friday ?

Yes we'll need another game soon

fat80b

Hacker
Visit site
local range in Cambridge (rough and ready) is £4 for 50, or a pre-pay card for £28 for 10 tips (50 balls) which I think is ok value. I want to say it is the same cost as it was 10 years ago.

The AG is £4 for 25 balls, £6 for 50, £9 for 100.....which is not such good value, but I do like the top tracer, the better balls and the longer range......so maybe you get what you pay for......

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Can't remember exactly what each tier costs at my club. But its £3 for 25 balls and £6 for 75. Might be £7.50 for 100.

There is a sliding scale of discount for adding lump sums to a prepaid card.

If I'm going to practice on my own I'll use the range at the club.

If I'm going with the boy. We go to AG in Hemingford Abbots. Its £9 for 100 balls I think. He enjoys the top tracer games and £9 is decent value for an hour of fun.

D

Deleted member 3432

Got a top tracer range nearby, fiver I think for 50 balls. God knows what 100 cost as I'm never hitting that many. Actively dislike the toptracer, numbers have no resemblance to what I'm hitting on course so never log on to it.

Very rough and ready old school range a touch closer to home , 3 quid for 50 balls and a rough grass tee. Miles better range for working on the swing and a nice view of the lake district fells. Also dead quiet as everybody is thrashing driver at the other range ?

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
£3 for a bucket of balls at my local club, range only goes up to 175yds though so very much just for irons (fine for me at the minute as I try to get better). Then Silvermere was my next nearest and 'go-to'. Good to hear there's a few other options nearby!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never mind range prices, what about ball prices? Wilson soft £11.99 for 12 last year at my place. This year £17.99 !!!!! Admittedly Wilson were dumping them....but still. o_O

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just seen some range balls on ebay....
12 Range balls
Starting price £1
Postage £3.20
That's £35 per 100 balls minimum :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Some people are in orbit in a different Galaxy

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Practice area at the nearby club is £4.70 for 55 balls & use of the short game area and putting greens too
Occasionally they'll have an offer for about £70-80 a month for unlimited. hopefully that comes back soon

Golfnut1957

Visit site
My club charges £1 for 25 balls. When it first opened you could buy a yearly membership card for £100 which allowed you unlimited balls. The second year they had to put a limit on the number of balls allowed daily as one of the members who is renowned for the amount for the practise he puts in was emptying the ball machine a couple of times a day, meaning the Pro had to collect them at least three times a day.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The little golf place that used to be down the road from me used to do 60 balls for 3 quid. Also, it was a fiver to play the nine-hole course on Fridays. Can't think why they shut down. Ha.

I guess anywhere that has Top Tracer had to put their prices up to cover the cost of installing it.

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
I have two ranges that I use. The one at my club is alright, matts aren't too tatty, but the balls are not great and big hitters can't hit driver as they can clear the range onto the 18th fairway. It's also a bit stressful if you have a big hook or slice as there are holes down either side of the range. The plus side is that it is £2.50 for 40 balls (£3.50 for non-members).

The other is a fancy TopTracer range and is great but it's a lot pricier. £12 for 120 balls. £8 for 60. It works out a bit cheaper if you preload a membership card but you have to shell out a bit to get the best discount. I think it's something like £30 extra credit if you pay £100. Still works out pretty pricey though.