Range Behaviour - A Cast of Villains

M

MetalMickie

Surprised nobody has mentioned The Poser. Dressed as if he is on the range at a Tour event.
From Oakleys on top of his cap (branded of course),to Galvin Green shirt, JL trousers, the works including metal spiked FJ's. He cannot understand why the range staff ask him to change the latter even though the damage to the mat is obvious.
Clubs are naturally in a tour-bag and there are alignment sticks which never get used ( he doesn't know what they are for but he saw them once in a pro's bag).
His kit is inevitably top of the range but that it is one place he can't hit a drive!

Last edited:

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surprised nobody has mentioned The Poser. Dressed as if he is on the range at a Tour event.
From Oakleys on top of his cap (branded of course),to Galvin Green shirt, JL trousers, the works including metal spiked FJ's. He cannot understand why the range staff ask him to change the latter even though the damage to the mat is obvious.
Clubs are naturally in a tour-bag and there are alignment sticks which never get used ( he doesn't know what they are for but he saw them once in a pro's bag).
His kit is inevitably top of the range but that it is one place he can't hit a drive!

I was thinking of "The Poser" while I was reading through the thread also surprised no one had mentioned him.

Ive never understood why people wear golf clothing at the range. The clubs are usually TM and the clothes Galvin green.

BoadieBroadus

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I am glad to see that everyone's range is the same - I too cannot believe that I missed The Poser nor anyone who skies it into the roof of the range. I also liked the suggestion of the golfer hitting off a single driver tee regardless of the club.

I will ponder the return of the villains at the weekend and see if i can do your suggestion justice.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was thinking of "The Poser" while I was reading through the thread also surprised no one had mentioned him.

Ive never understood why people wear golf clothing at the range. The clubs are usually TM and the clothes Galvin green.

Maybe warming up before heading to the course? I often do. (TM clubs....? Check!) :)

joe nustedt

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I always wear golf shoes while at the range, and often golf clothes as well. Just trying to emulate the situation on the course as much as possible, although I think after reading this thread I might change that :)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
At one of my old clubs we had a big range. The club had a handful of England junior internationals [14 to 16 year old boys and girls]
There was a large Japanese factory nearby and we used to get a lot of Japanese golfers using the range.
When the youngsters were practicing they would stand behind them and applaud thier shots with ooohs and ahhhs.
I started to think that maybees we could get away with charging them a viewing fee.

daymond

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Old Timer Turns up half an hour before the off to warm up. A golf bag that was new when the first Ford Prefect came out. An accompanyament of clubs of doubtful origin and very doubtful condition but mostly woods. never hits anything more than 120yards. Looks very satisfied with his session and heads out for another 120+ round with his mates.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The Bigshot Perfectionist

Nails every shot flush out the middle of the club but turns away in disgust every time proclaiming to everyone in earshot "Goddammit I can't hit a thing tonight"

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Bigshot Perfectionist

Nails every shot flush out the middle of the club but turns away in disgust every time proclaiming to everyone in earshot "Goddammit I can't hit a thing tonight"

I've played with this guy or at least his brother Mr Bigshot on the Course himself, on an away day. He nailed everything whilst I hacked it round he shot something like 40points off a scratch handicap (compared to my meagre 27points) but after every shot lamented how poor the strike was or how his timing was off. Thankfully never been in the same group as him since.

Got to say though this Is my favourite thread of 2012

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:cool::cool:
I've played with this guy or at least his brother Mr Bigshot on the Course himself, on an away day. He nailed everything whilst I hacked it round he shot something like 40points off a scratch handicap (compared to my meagre 27points) but after every shot lamented how poor the strike was or how his timing was off. Thankfully never been in the same group as him since. :cool:

Got to say though this Is my favourite thread of 2012

You guys missed out Mr Loft , got the lot , all the latest gear , clothes , you name it and he has got it , plays with blades by the way , loft stands for , lack of fcukxxx talent , this guy turns up at the range and everyone notices him till he hits balls

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Troop

The troop of teenage Baboons. Knuckles dragging on ground, trouser gusset at knees, those funny wollen hats with peaks, all zits and smelly trainers. Use the longest tees and lob wedges then make those piercing monkey screams as the balls bang into the bay roof.