Course recommendations please!!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all
Hoping for a two night, three round break in a few weeks time.
Our organiser has come up with the following suggestions;

Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa £240
The Oxfordshire Golf, Hotel & Spa £299
Tudor Park Golf & Country Club £266

I've never played these courses, any thoughts/advice/recommendations would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks, (y)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The times I've played the Oxfordshire I've found it too long off the back tees and not interesting enough from the "daily" tees..
It gets windy and can be a slog...deserts of sand on the course....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Personally not a huge fan of the Oxfordshire but think its comfortably the best of those 3 options course wise and also accommodation (albeit pricey for drinks etc), if it was me Id ask if there were any other alternatives though

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Tudor Park is decidedly average to say the least. East Sussex National is a great shout.
If that's too punchy, then Dale Hill, Stoke by Nayland, Old Thorns or Sandford Springs might be worth a look, but I've not played some if them for a few years.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Donnington is awful imo.
Plus you'll need to drive from the hotel to the course all 3 days unless you wanna walk a mile or so.

Of the 3 mentioned Oxfordshire is the better.

Of the others mentions Old thorns was a bad way when I was there around a month ago.
Stoke by nayland is good.

D

Deleted member 23270

Bowood in Wiltshire or Bramshaw in the New Forest?

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
A prestigious little trio you could take on would be Moortown, Alwoodley and either Headingley GC or Moor Allerton. Bit more of a trek for you up to North Leeds but a well known hot bed of quality courses all close to each other.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
A prestigious little trio you could take on would be Moortown, Alwoodley and either Headingley GC or Moor Allerton. Bit more of a trek for you up to North Leeds but a well known hot bed of quality courses all close to each other.

Probably just the three hours too far away, but thanks.