Short break recommendations please.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
As our Spanish break has been cancelled, four of us are looking for a two nights, three rounds break in this country.
We've narrowed it down to the following venues, thoughts would be most welcome.

Woodbury Park
East Sussex National
Bicester
Goodwood
The Oxfordshire

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure if you mean The Oxfordshire or the county. I would give the course a miss, personally, but Frilford Heath near Abingdon and Huntercombe are nice tracks. You might see Eddie Pepperill at the former.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure if you mean The Oxfordshire or the county. I would give the course a miss, personally, but Frilford Heath near Abingdon and Huntercombe are nice tracks. You might see Eddie Pepperill at the former.

Yeah, I meant The Oxfordshire .......................... now edited.
The five listed are the five finalists, but thanks for the heads up. (y)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I meant The Oxfordshire .......................... now edited.
The five listed are the five finalists, but thanks for the heads up. (y)

I played The Oxfordshire in a Nike (now Staysure) Tour event, and played pretty decently, finishing 2nd or 3rd, but I thought it was a joyless slog on a course without much character. After the round, my group all agreed that if we had the choice between playing there every weekend and giving up golf, we would do the latter.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Are you looking at 3 rounds in one place, or travelling around? For Oxfordshire Ethan has already mentioned probably the top 2. Pre covid the word was Bicester were planning to drop to 9 holes to make space for more development.
Heythrop Park isn't too far away and a better test of golf IMO, no idea how it stacks as a break though, and 3 rounds walking on the bounce might be a test. Could have trips to Wychwood and Cotswolds club.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you looking at 3 rounds in one place, or travelling around? For Oxfordshire Ethan has already mentioned probably the top 2. Pre covid the word was Bicester were planning to drop to 9 holes to make space for more development.
Heythrop Park isn't too far away and a better test of golf IMO, no idea how it stacks as a break though, and 3 rounds walking on the bounce might be a test. Could have trips to Wychwood and Cotswolds club.

It'll be a two night, three round deal at one venue.
Two guys will be using trolleys, two of us will be carrying.