County Championships

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Didn’t enter ours as I’m not a huge fan of the course it was played at and I’m playing crap anyway so didn’t like the idea of taking a slot from someone who could be competitive.

pinberry

Club Champion
Visit site
By the looks of it, the Hertfordshire County Champ looks like a top event. Format is 36 holes on Friday and then top 16 advance to match plays.

There are 66 slots available. The event is always oversubscribed. Lowest 50 handicaps get direct entry, the other 16 places are awarded to the lowest 16 scores in a 18 holes event held a few weeks ahead of the County Championship. Last year, the highest handicap who got direct entry in the County Champ was 1.2

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I live in Dorset but am also eligible to play in the Yorkshire County champ's as that is where I was born. With that in mind I looked at the Yorkshire county website thinking that I might play in it one year depending on the course. This year it's at Ganton (great), but it is a 72 hole tournament over 3 days (Tues (18)/Wed(18)/Thu(36)) where the top 40 qualify for the last day. Top 32 also qualify for a match play phase which is again over 3 days (Thu/Fri/Sat) during September. That's five days holiday assuming that you are any good and play all the days. Also, Yorkshire is a big place, so even if you live in the south of the county you wouldn't want to travel up and down to Ganton every day so would probably incur hotel bills too.

Don't think I will bother:lol: