Reasons not to buy Motocaddy

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is part of a wider issue that I have. Why do trolleys need bespoke casings and connectors for batteries. Id they must have them, they should be easily changeable or replaced with a basic tool kit.

The answer in general is situations such as this mean you have to use their repair centers and buy their bespoke parts. With my trolley when I lost the battery cable, I got a new one from amazon for a fiver.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
(Wife's trolley - I told her to stick with Powakaddy) !

It's an S18, it's a few years old, probably out of warranty. The cable going into the battery has split (see pic). I called Motocaddy . . . . stamped on the battery is a sticker saying 5 year guarantee, "ah, yes, that's a 5 year guarantee on the battery, the cable is only guaranteed for 2 years" was the reply! "OK, I can see that the bottom of the battery screws off - how much is the part" I asked. "The part cast £10 buy we will not sell it to you only to one of our authorised service agents" they replied. They gave me two email address for the nearest agents (20 miles) - I email them and I just got a reply back with a quote for £50. That's £40 for 10 minutes work and he can charge that because he knows that I can't buy the part and gfit it myself. - Disgraceful.
Had similar experience with powakaddy mind. Ended up buying a part off a golf trolley spares site and fixed with my friend YouTube. Saved me loads of fish mind.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
My battery cable is going in the same direction, but there seem to be another layer of protection before the wires are completely exposed. Won the trolley about 4 years ago or so and was stupid enough to not fill and send in the warranty card and obviously don't have a receipt for it. Not that keen on having to buy a new battery for £250 or so once the cable actually pops.
Just get your horse to carry your clubs! 😉

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is part of a wider issue that I have. Why do trolleys need bespoke casings and connectors for batteries. Id they must have them, they should be easily changeable or replaced with a basic tool kit.

The answer in general is situations such as this mean you have to use their repair centers and buy their bespoke parts. With my trolley when I lost the battery cable, I got a new one from amazon for a fiver.

Get on the phone to the EU boffins! They made apple change their chargers to reduce waste, for the trolley manufactures to do the same. 🍺