Coloured Balls

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
This morning was the first of the winter that we have had frost on the grass which got me thinking about changing to coloured balls. Normally I play with the Titleist Pro V1, but they are only available in white. Having a quick look on the internet I see that Titleist have the NXT Tour S in yellow as well as the DT TruSoft. Other options seem to be Srixon's AD333 and Soft Feel.

One other ball that I have seen in really vivid colours is the Volvik but I can't find any reports as to how it performs. Has anyone here used it and can they comment on how it performs?

Thanks in anticipation.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
One other ball that I have seen in really vivid colours is the Volvik but I can't find any reports as to how it performs. Has anyone here used it and can they comment on how it performs?

Homer did a review on his YouTube channel

IMO they're quite good, bit overpriced really for playing in frost. Yellow Srixon Soft feels or Titleist Tour S suffice for me

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really liked the Titleist DT Trusoft so if they come in yellow that might be a good winter ball for you. I like the DX2's as well if you want to go even cheaper. They might be too much of a departure from the Pro V1 for you though. I imagine Volvik Vivid would be closer as they are 3-piece at least. But I'm not sure, I haven't tried them myself, and I don't use ProVs either.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
This morning was the first of the winter that we have had frost on the grass which got me thinking about changing to coloured balls. Normally I play with the Titleist Pro V1, but they are only available in white. Having a quick look on the internet I see that Titleist have the NXT Tour S in yellow as well as the DT TruSoft. Other options seem to be Srixon's AD333 and Soft Feel.

Thanks in anticipation.

There's a whole thread on the Volvik balls in the reviews forum

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Clive, I think Titleist are bring out a yellow ball similar to a Prov1... there was a tread about it a few weeks ago. i found a white one a Dornoch.