Clubs v's Clubs

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As much as I love this forum, would if be possible to stop all the posts with club's v's club's. I wouldn't ask anyone what they thought of a club if I like to look of it and am in 2 minds, I will take 2 or 3 different clubs to the range, hit a few shots with them and see which 1 feels the best!!!! I have now stoped reading any posts with these titles. I beleive it's all down to personal choice, just because Tiger, Phil or the goose uses some kind of club dosent mean it will help us.................
Lets keep the posts to rules or banter or whatever the hell we want but plaese no more club v club!!!!!!!!!!

Amen

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dont get me wrong I know this is a foru but put it this way "how many clubs are out there on the shelf? We might as well just sit back and pick a club and talk about it for ages........... Sorry if u got the wrong end of the stick!!!!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I think that this forum is very usefull for people seeking advice on equipment.

Many people who have posted questions here about equipment are beginners/novices who would not neccessarily appreciate the difference between clubs if they tried them and an educated oppinion is useful to them.

They also may not belong to a club, thus not have a pro-shop at hand or be confident enough to ask their local range if they can take clubs to try before they buy.

At the end of the day people are entitled to make whatever posts they like, and if somebody doesn't like a particular topic ignore it, to ask people not to make such posts is a bit cheeky in my eyes.

I enjoy offering people advice on equipment both on here or at the course/range.

I enjoy this forum much more than the one I used previously as there is a real ethos of freedom of speech, obviously libelous/abusive posts are forbode but thats only fair.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I certainly like to hear opinions on clubs that are a bit different from the norm. This is especially true of models from a few years ago which can now be picked up dirt cheap. Also good to hear how the average golfers find certain clubs as most are only reviewed by low handicappers

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
There have been topics that I have had no interest in at all and I just blank them and scroll down to I see something I want to read.

I am not pythagoris but it is quite an easy way to navigate the posts.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!!!

I love talking about new gear and putting my bit in to what clubs the person should buy, this forum stopped me buying some real crap when i started out, i hope that i will be able to do the same for other people.

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I enjoy reading people's reccomendations and opinions about clubs. Before a few weeks ago i had no idea who Orka golf were, but now i would be considering them for a new club.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
Err sorry, am I missing something here. Is this not a Golf Forum for lovers of golf to talk about anything golf related amongst other like minded folk.

Have to say Clubchamp you've really taken the biscuit with this post. It's the most ridiculous one i've ever seen.

DHM.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Not trying to pick on the guy but below is an extract from a topic started by clubchamp recently. Pot, kettle???

"Forgive me for being thick!! Whats the difference? I thought the new Ping was the G10. Now I learn there are clubs called Gi's. r they for american's? I took the new G10 driver out yesterday and tryed it. Same as the G5 I already own. No difference. Can anyone tell me? would the shaft make much difference?. I have a Prolaunchblue in my G5, The new G10 has a prolaunchred (both stiff shafts.) The only difference between my G5 and the new G10 was the loft the G10 was 9 and my own G5 is 10.5. Whould that make a difference."

As I say, this is no way a personal vendetta and nobody on this forum tries to alienate anybody else but todays post really has grated me as this is an open forum for any golf related chat.

Jon.

P.S Madandra, I don't like castle tees as they are expensive against traditionals. If you ask me I can't see how they would help my game.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have to say that I usually just ignore the posts about clubs, too. But this is because my bag is pretty settled now so I'm not looking for advice about new ones.

However, many forumers out there are not in the same boat, ClubChamp, and it's obviously useful to seek others advice on the matter. Quite happy to give my opinion on clubs in my bag if it's helpful to other forumers but you can't say that posts of this sort on an open forum should be banned. Just ignore them, man.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
OOhh clubchamp....you've found a raw nerve here.

I partly agree and also partly disagree with your sentiments.

We know that you could pick up any old stick and make it work probably.....and that the final decision comes down to personal preference, of course. But for many of us, it's useful to have a few ideas about where to start. If I was looking to buy a 1.6 petrol car, I'd start with a few reviews, because every bugger makes one, and I'd like to know if something is generally considered to be a bit rubbish. If I was after a 3.0 straight 6 in a coupe, I'd simply wander off to BMW or Merc.

If you are done with it (club vs club), no-one is going to come knocking to know why you haven't chipped in your comments, because we enjoy your comments and experience on the things that matter to you......

Dave

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
CC07, although I disagree with your thoughts on folks asking their opinions on clubs you have started one of those posts that stirs us all up and refreshes everyones instincts regarding the forum.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
P.S. Madandra....I use castle tees, all the time!

Orange, Blue (3 wood) and Silver (Driver). Wouldn't be without them. My Pro recommended I used them for some consistency.

I did use wooden ones but the sheer force of my 90 mph swing was obliterating them into, ooohhh, at least 2 pieces!

Why do you ask? PS, despite my signature, I'm certainly NOT a chopper (although I had one as a kid!!!) and ..... I'm a realgolfer!!! boom boom.

(I'll go and whip myself now for being such an arse!!)

Dave

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
On a related topic.....I'm glad my pal doesn't read this forum. He has a K1 Speed Driver....and he loves it. Hits it beautifully. Just goes to show that even sound advice from others can be ignored and still work! :eek:

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Get real, club champ 07.

www.dictionary.com defines a forum as "an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest". You have no authority to decide what is in the public interest. I've made many posts on this forum, one of which was concerning the Titliest D1 and D2 drivers. The varied responses to that post were valuable in helping me decide between the two.

I suspect that your levels of chastisement are already high given the other responses to your post... but, don't despair. We all have the right to air our views, as you have done, and I would fight for your right to express your views, however bizarre or incorrect I may think they are.