Clubs stolen in Gullane at the weekend

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Here's an Extract from Lothian & Borders Police Website......

Lothian and Borders Police are appealing for witnesses following a theft from a golf course in East Lothian.

The incident happened sometime between 3.15pm and 5.30pm on Saturday 12 May at the Gullane Golf Club.

A six-man golfing party had finished their round and stored their clubs within a black Mercedes Viano car while they went into the clubhouse.

Upon returning to the vehicle, the men found that five of the golf bags, which also contained items of clothing, had been stolen and contacted police.

Officers are now asking anyone who can assist with their enquiries to come forward.

The value of the stolen items is between £10,000 and £11,000.

A police spokesman said: "The victims are tourists on holiday from the Netherlands and have been left utterly distraught at the theft of their valuable golf clubs.

"Patrons and staff who remember seeing anything suspicious in or around the car park of the golf course are asked to contact police immediately.

"We are also keen to trace a silver or white Volkswagen Transporter van, which was seen near to the victims' car around the time of the theft.

"Anyone who can help us locate this vehicle or its driver should also get in touch."

Anyone with any information can contact Lothian and Borders Police on 0131 311 3131, or the charity Crimestoppers in confidence and complete anonymity on 0800 555 111.

Some total scumbags knocking about

Mental value on those clubs, bet they didn't tell they're wife's that's how much the clubs cost when they bought them :eek:

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
How bad would you be feeling as the 6th member with your clubs left well alone?

Or you're incredibly happy you bought so cheap that even thieves leave them well alone, leaving you with nothing to say but:

"fanshy another round boysh?"

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
How bad would you be feeling as the 6th member with your clubs left well alone?

Or you're incredibly happy you bought so cheap that even thieves leave them well alone, leaving you with nothing to say but:

"fanshy another round boysh?"

Probably left handed.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
5 golf bags of stuff worth 10 or 11 grand? :eek: Seems a lot of dough for 5 bags unless they had gps, Galvin greens n all that as well.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
5 golf bags of stuff worth 10 or 11 grand? :eek: Seems a lot of dough for 5 bags unless they had gps, Galvin greens n all that as well.

Apart from me (being a cheapskate), I think a lot of us would be surprised at the replacement value of a full set of decent irons, woods, putter, bag, waterproofs, balls, etc.. As they were playing Gullane, I suspect they were not armed with Dunlops.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Doesnt seem that much to me, last time mine was all stolen was just over £2k replacement value

Driver 300
3 Wood 200
Hybrid 150
Irons 600
Wedges 300
Putter 200
Bag 100

Thats £1850 without counting clothing, shoes, balls gloves, trolleys, dmds etc.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doesnt seem that much to me, last time mine was all stolen was just over £2k replacement value

Driver 300
3 Wood 200
Hybrid 150
Irons 600
Wedges 300
Putter 200
Bag 100

Thats £1850 without counting clothing, shoes, balls gloves, trolleys, dmds etc.

Now you mention it, it does soon all add up! Glad the missus doesnt read this :)

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Guess you will only get £20 a set in the pubs up there!! Thats only if your lucky as well!:rofl:

Or swop for a bottle of White Lightening?