Club V1 - Edit Handicap

Swango1980

Visit site
So, we had a member rejoin our club and the owners set him up on our system. They set up a new profile, rather then reinstating Deleted members, so he has no handicap on the system.

Two problems

1. Despite him giving me his CDH number, he does not appear on WHS Portal at all, whether I type in that number, or just his name. So, looks like he has been lost in the transfer to WHS somehow (not the first member I have noticed this for.
2. Before checking WHS, I simply went to put his CDH in Club V1. However, annoyingly, Club V1 doesn't seem to give you that option initially. You first need to enter an actual handicap. So, I randomly entered 18. Once that is saved, it then allows me to Assign a CDH. So, that is when I typed in the CDH number he gave me, and Club V1 could not find it (due to 1. above). So, I tried to delete the handicap of 18 I put in for him. For the life of me, I cannot find a way to Edit it, let alone delete it.

Am I missing something here?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So, we had a member rejoin our club and the owners set him up on our system. They set up a new profile, rather then reinstating Deleted members, so he has no handicap on the system.

Two problems

1. Despite him giving me his CDH number, he does not appear on WHS Portal at all, whether I type in that number, or just his name. So, looks like he has been lost in the transfer to WHS somehow (not the first member I have noticed this for.
2. Before checking WHS, I simply went to put his CDH in Club V1. However, annoyingly, Club V1 doesn't seem to give you that option initially. You first need to enter an actual handicap. So, I randomly entered 18. Once that is saved, it then allows me to Assign a CDH. So, that is when I typed in the CDH number he gave me, and Club V1 could not find it (due to 1. above). So, I tried to delete the handicap of 18 I put in for him. For the life of me, I cannot find a way to Edit it, let alone delete it.

A quick look shows that the ability to make a simple adjustment via V1 indeed, seems to have disappeared.
I think it now has to be done through the WHS Platform. Find the player & seek the option "Official Handicap Adjustment " Yes, no where near as easy. Good luck.

Swango1980

Visit site
A quick look shows that the ability to make a simple adjustment via V1 indeed, seems to have disappeared.
I think it now has to be done through the WHS Platform. Find the player & seek the option "Official Handicap Adjustment " Yes, no where near as easy. Good luck.
Cheers.

I've looked through our howdidido results, and from January 2018 until now, this chap has played in 35 Qualifying competitions. He simply didn't rejoin in August 2020, but has just rejoined hence this issue is arising.

So, I am assuming that despite the fact this chap had a CDH number when he was previously a member, it has either just disappeared into thin air, or there was some sort of issue with it in that Club V1 happily updated his handicap while he was a member, but this was never actually linked to CDH despite having a CDH number?

Also, am I going to have to manually type in this guys 35 scores, assuming I want to ensure his handicap is accurate to his playing history (already taken me best part of an hour to search howdidido scores). If so, would you recommend making the following gross adjustments to any hole score (assuming it is not over nett double):

CSS -1 = +1
CSS +1 = -1
CSS +2 = -2
CSS +3 = -3

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers.

I've looked through our howdidido results, and from January 2018 until now, this chap has played in 35 Qualifying competitions. He simply didn't rejoin in August 2020, but has just rejoined hence this issue is arising.

So, I am assuming that despite the fact this chap had a CDH number when he was previously a member, it has either just disappeared into thin air, or there was some sort of issue with it in that Club V1 happily updated his handicap while he was a member, but this was never actually linked to CDH despite having a CDH number?

Also, am I going to have to manually type in this guys 35 scores, assuming I want to ensure his handicap is accurate to his playing history (already taken me best part of an hour to search howdidido scores). If so, would you recommend making the following gross adjustments to any hole score (assuming it is not over nett double):

CSS -1 = +1
CSS +1 = -1
CSS +2 = -2
CSS +3 = -3
Can’t you just give him an index based on his last handicap

Swango1980

Visit site
Can’t you just give him an index based on his last handicap
I guess I could. But when he starts entering scores from scratch, surely it will fluctuate quite widely at first depending on those scores? Whereas if 35 scores entered (or even last 20), at least it will be worked out normally.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess I could. But when he starts entering scores from scratch, surely it will fluctuate quite widely at first depending on those scores? Whereas if 35 scores entered (or even last 20), at least it will be worked out normally.
Depends on how accurate his previous HC was. Its your time and personally the bother of 35 scores wouldn’t enter into my day. Perhaps the 8 best scores.

wjemather

Visit site
Cheers.

CSS -1 = +1
CSS +1 = -1
CSS +2 = -2
CSS +3 = -3
You will indeed have to manually enter any old scores into the platform. You should only enter adjusted gross scores for the round though (rather than all the hole scores), and can adjust per the old CSS.

wjemather

Visit site
Depends on how accurate his previous HC was. Its your time and personally the bother of 35 scores wouldn’t enter into my day. Perhaps the 8 best scores.
If you allocate a handicap index, after submitting three scores, it will be treated as a new index with the best one score counting subject to a 2.0 reduction.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Two problems

You don't need to give him a handicap to set him up on V1

If you generate a record for him on the EG platform it will generate a CDH number for him (after checking for duplicates).

You then generate a record in V1 and have the ability to add an existing CDH number.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd be tempted to make contact with the EngGolf CDH Section as they can probs advise about his disappeared CDH.

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes, but (unless you get lucky) they will only send a copy for you to enter into WHS; they won't do it for you.
Can they not simply reinstate the CDH to the WHS Portal, so that when I then type in his CDH to Club V1, it will pick it up and all the scores that go with it?

If not, we could be screwed. Our membership renewal is 1st August. Many don't renew as we head into winter, but rejoin at about this time of year, as you get 18 months for price of 12. So, if anyone who didn't rejoin in August is now coming back now, I will not be happy if I need to start manually entering all their scores.

wjemather

Visit site
Can they not simply reinstate the CDH to the WHS Portal, so that when I then type in his CDH to Club V1, it will pick it up and all the scores that go with it?

If not, we could be screwed. Our membership renewal is 1st August. Many don't renew as we head into winter, but rejoin at about this time of year, as you get 18 months for price of 12. So, if anyone who didn't rejoin in August is now coming back now, I will not be happy if I need to start manually entering all their scores.
EG could do all themselves, and initially they did a couple of our re-joiners, but since then they have only restored CDH numbers and advised we have to do enter scores from the old CDH/ISV records. I don't believe there is a function for uploading these historical scores from ISVs (probably to prevent duplication), so it's a manual job.

Your situation is where effective communication by EG would have helped - measures could then have been taken to ensure those records were transferred.

Swango1980

Visit site
EG could do all themselves, and initially they did a couple of our re-joiners, but since then they have only restored CDH numbers and advised we have to do enter scores from the old CDH/ISV records. I don't believe there is a function for uploading these historical scores from ISVs (probably to prevent duplication), so it's a manual job.

Your situation is where effective communication by EG would have helped - measures could then have been taken to ensure those records were transferred.
That is awful. What on earth is the point in restoring the old CDH number at all? Might as well generate a new one, if I'm having to enter all the scores anyway.

I might just treat them completely new to golf. If they complain, I can put them through to England Golf to explain their shambolic transition process

wjemather

Visit site
That is awful. What on earth is the point in restoring the old CDH number at all? Might as well generate a new one, if I'm having to enter all the scores anyway.

I might just treat them completely new to golf. If they complain, I can put them through to England Golf to explain their shambolic transition process
Given you have lots of ex-members re-joining, and things have quietened down since the early chaos, EG may be more accommodating with extracting the data from CDH and importing into WHS.

Swango1980

Visit site
So, I think the solution was quite simple in the end (it seems to have done the trick anyway)

On WHS, the player could not be found when typing in his CDH or name. However, I didn't realise there was an option to search for Retire Players. Once I changed that field, I could find him, and then I was able to Reinstate his record. Once done, I was able to link Club V1 to the correct CDH.

Phew!

wjemather

Visit site
So, I think the solution was quite simple in the end (it seems to have done the trick anyway)

On WHS, the player could not be found when typing in his CDH or name. However, I didn't realise there was an option to search for Retire Players. Once I changed that field, I could find him, and then I was able to Reinstate his record. Once done, I was able to link Club V1 to the correct CDH.

Phew!
That's good. It looks like EG have imported all the old non-member records now, which will save a lot of work in future. To repeat myself, the lack of adequate communication from EG has been (and continues to be) a disgrace.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's good. It looks like EG have imported all the old non-member records now, which will save a lot of work in future. To repeat myself, the lack of adequate communication from EG has been (and continues to be) a disgrace.

Emailed WHS support today and was told in no uncertain terms that requests in future must go through Club/County/Region/WHS Upport.